Not going into gear

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waitey":60cdtodo said:
Dubz":60cdtodo said:
The date of the inspection had to be changed. It's going in on monday. It's not in a healthy state.

Tempted to trade it in for a panda 100hp

Too slow, get a megane RS, that's what I might be getting in a few months ;)

Go from a car with a gearbox issue to a car that known for gearbox issues... Logical ;)

Panda is cheap to buy, cheap to insure, slightly faster, mildly 'sporty' and pretty damn reliable. Not saying I haven't looked at clio 197's and megane's :p money is a bit short atm...

Also it's very easy to drop the 1.6 T-jet abarth engine in ;)

Dazza1":3ijp96rz said:
Panda 100hp are good cars I've had 1. 500 arbath engine without the turbo

That's an accomplishment! 4 duplicate posts :p

I like the look of the 500 abarth but they're too small and if you have a friend of the male race you'll look gay and feel it as you're elbows will constantly be rubbing unless you're either a) anorexic or b) dwarves.

Also the rear seats are just for show... No way can you fit 4 people in that car

waitey":1iloh1qo said:
Dazza1":1iloh1qo said:
Panda 100hp are good cars I've had 1. 500 arbath engine without the turbo

That's an accomplishment! 4 duplicate posts :p

I like the look of the 500 abarth but they're too small and if you have a friend of the male race you'll look gay and feel it as you're elbows will constantly be rubbing unless you're either a) anorexic or b) dwarves.

Also the rear seats are just for show... No way can you fit 4 people in that car

but the abarth does have one of the best steering wheels known to mankind in it

Just got the car back from the garage

IMG_3271_zpsc4e4d764.jpg

Much better than it was before as in I can actually change gear now... But still not 100% waiting a few hour to let the car cool down then I'll be giving the car another go to see if it struggles to get into gear.

The garage said if it's still bad they'll be on the phone to Renault UK as a car with this amount of miles on and this new shouldn't be having these issues. After this is all sorted swapping cars...

It should be in my strogonoff and not under a bonnet...

Anyway, Id gun for a new box or get rid immediately.

It's going in again on the 3rd on January for further inspection on why it's happening. This should be paid for by Renault UK *fingers crossed*

Dubz":9ljnuq26 said:
It's going in again on the 3rd on January for further inspection on why it's happening. This should be paid for by Renault UK *fingers crossed*

This is taking ages I would seriously get on their backs about this as when I got a new gearbox it happened the morning it was due to be dropped off for new balljoints, I told them on arrival and behold 1 week later it was diagnosed and a new box order and fitted and back in my ownership alongside ordering and replacing the lower arms.

Currently waiting on a reply back from Renault UK about them subsidising a new gearbox or paying for one. If they're not the car is gone.

Had a reply from Renault UK and £1953 to get the gearbox out and refurbed/replaced

They'll be paying 70% or more depending on what the actual damage is. As it's out of warranty they're not going to fully replace it for free unless there a serious issue with the gearbox

I thought that was a pretty good deal.

570 quid is quite steep but i suppose it is out of warranty, so not too bad? maybe you could just flog it to them in a trade off as a deal on a new car or something ??

Yeah It's not too bad. I had a look around for another car but nothing really seemed like an upgrade with my current savings. I'm trying to stay off financing a car for as long as I can

In my experience try pressing them for a little more. When the clutch and turbo went on my Megane, that was just out of warrenty, they offered 50% but after a bit of pushing I got it too 90%.

Just got off the phone with Renault UK and they're contributing 80% of the costs which I'm happy about.

The car is having a new gearbox rather having the current one repaired. It should all be ready by next Thursday/Friday

Also Richard Sanders Renault knocked off £400 from the original cost of getting the gearbox replaced to help me out which was very nice of them