Not going into gear

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't really grumble then with £400 off then only having to lay 20%. Good to hear it should be sorted soon.
Edit
Just done some quick calculations based on what your posted previously. I'm guessing your paying around £300 for the new box. Which is pretty awesome.

Friedchicken91":30037uu9 said:
Can't really grumble then with £400 off then only having to lay 20%. Good to hear it should be sorted soon.
Edit
Just done some quick calculations based on what your posted previously. I'm guessing your paying around £300 for the new box. Which is pretty awesome.

Good stuff, £2000 you'd have to get rid of the car

no doubt it was a done in synchromesh ring, or two as that's the only explanation for the copper / brass swarf in oil, this could only point to a done in synchromesh ring on first and / or second. what terrifies me the most is that so many 'technicians' have lost the common sense approach to send the box away to be rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of a new one, not only would you have a new gearbox feel but you'd have it at a fraction of the cost. costs about 70 pounds for 1st and 2nd synchromesh rings. good tip to anyone wanting to make some serious cash, recondition gearboxes! :p

I just can't wait for the post Dubz posts that says

"So i thought **** it, set the twingo on fire and bought a megane sport"

oscar":2gw6i3v6 said:
no doubt it was a done in synchromesh ring, or two as that's the only explanation for the copper / brass swarf in oil, this could only point to a done in synchromesh ring on first and / or second. what terrifies me the most is that so many 'technicians' have lost the common sense approach to send the box away to be rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of a new one, not only would you have a new gearbox feel but you'd have it at a fraction of the cost. costs about 70 pounds for 1st and 2nd synchromesh rings. good tip to anyone wanting to make some serious cash, recondition gearboxes! :p

But least I'll have warranty for the next 12 months on the gearbox. And I'd prefer to have the whole box replaced as I sometimes had to grind it into gear which I doubt will do it much good

BlackTwingo-i":2gw6i3v6 said:
I just can't wait for the post Dubz posts that says

"So i thought f**k it, set the twingo on fire and bought a megane sport"

Shhhhhhh! People aren't meant to know that! :cool: