ordering a car

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggi200

Reaction score
Went to order my car today, and in my spec (cup with black and white id pack and black cup wheels naturally ;)) there is one already in the country. Now I'm not sure where in the country it is, but the dealer will get back to me tomorrow on this.

Basically, if I want that one, I think he wants me to fork out the transportation costs of getting it here. Before I already say I ain't paying this, anyone have any idea how renualt usually go about doing this and idea of costs?

It's either fork out what I can't imagine being more than £150 between dealers? Or wait the 2 months or so for it, which tbh I'm SICK of the smart and that's gonna be due a service in that time which will be much, much more than that. Just trying to get an idea, if this works out, i could be in my renaultsport soon!

Twingogeekeo":1ufqo58k said:
Renault normally pay to get it from one dealer to another

Officially they don't, but most will "forfeit" the cost as part of the on the road price. VW, incidentally charge (or did) several hundred pounds for transportation post dealership delivery.

Well in leo's words: he needs to speak to the govener tomorrow about the cost. So dunno what's going through his mind but i suspect it inolves me paying! I'll be asking that they do though :) i just want my car!

If you buy a new car there are generally a few things people never "see" as costs, like delivery and tax that are included and buried in the on the road price you pay. I can't remember, but my invoice for the 133 had about 5 things itemised which weren't either the car or it's options and were these addition "inclusions".

As already said, there's probably a hidden cost in there that they either forfeit or just adjust the price accordingly.

Out of interest have they offered you anything off the price of the car?

Well a very small amount. But 0% finance (assume that's a uk wide offer atm?) and free matts and mostly just free stuff rather than cash off the price.

TBH I wasn't expecting much budge at all, it works out much cheaper than brokers offering £1k or more off anyways so I'm happy. What did others get?

maggi112":1k0a4vz1 said:
Well a very small amount. But 0% finance (assume that's a uk wide offer atm?) and free matts and mostly just free stuff rather than cash off the price.

TBH I wasn't expecting much budge at all, it works out much cheaper than brokers offering £1k or more off anyways so I'm happy. What did others get?

The spill goes 0% means they have less margin for profit hence less cash price off. They wanted to give me hardly anything off as it was so new out at the time (I think I was the 3rd one ordered in the UK according to the computer/sales technique lol)

With 0% it's a great deal anyway - you can save up to £1500 on interest payments.

Exactly. As soon as he said 0% finance I was interested as I was already saving loads over the brokers. Also, this way I can put as little or as much as I want in and not have any penalties as such. I realise there's not a lot that can be done on a new car with that kind of deal, as an accountant I understand there's not a massive margin in cheap cars anyway, it's alright if they sell bucket loads of them, but they don't really sell many 133's anyway.

Even after that, I would just be happy with matts and a tank of fuel, the car will more than make up for the rest. As I got free servicing out of them too, I'll be happy. Out of interest, is that only for them or is a renault servicing package good for any renault uk gargae, forgot to check as I wanna move to bristol in the next couple of years

It was the 0% finance that swayed me on it as well. I bought my Megane from a broker for over £4k less than the book price, well worth the saving. On the Twingo it was only about a £1k saving so 0% over three years with a decent deposit made more sense really.

In terms of discounts, the Mrs got £700 off the price of hers and I got £600 off mine, both came with mats as well. Neither of us part ex'd though as I think that would make some difference. They'd balance up the price of the part ex against any discounts you get.

Yeah I figured that. TBH the cheapest equivilent smart on autotrader is £5.5k they said they can offer £4,700 if it's in good nick. Which I can see them knocking down a bit as if you saw on detailing world someone at work decided it would be nice to take a chunk out of my front wing :evil: since I paid £6,800 brand new 2 years ago I'm actually happy to let it go for that! My outstanding loan is much less than that now so I've got an okay deposit there. Sold loads of the smart bits for near a grand with loads more left to sell so so far I'm not doing badly, tbh i just want rid of the car. If someone came along now and offered me £1 I think I would take it :lol: they're absolutely stupid money to run in the real world for what they are!

I think i did see that on DW mate, there are some w*nkers about mate!!

£2k-ish in 2 years really isn't that bad going actually. Done the right thing in terms of selling the bits of for the Smart. Best way of making back the cash you've spent.

Yeah, had someone get the exhaust yesterday, still got loads to sell though! Forge pipes, dash pods, wind defelectors, doubel din stereo surrounds (one carbon fibre wrapped) cup holders, boot divide (a £80 option!) glove box (£40 option!) floor matts, steelie wheels with good t1r's lol. A fair bit. That's gonna go towards the sound system ;)

I asked my mate (the one who bought the exhaust) about doing me a sound system on his discount in exchange for detailing his car, which he said okay what do I want. I want an alpine ida-x305s for the ipod. He came back with an £800 shopping list pmsl. He reckons that unit with the adaptor as I spoke to you about, plus a small alpine amp running 4 speakers and a very small sub under the rear bench. I'm not sure I can raise that cash with them bits tbh :p

hattonperformance":18y3m7yx said:
i went from oxford to aberdeen and reno paid :)

That on your Twingo ?? I thought that was registered in Oxfordshire? :S

And when purchasing mine, it was already in the country. Just in a compound at Southampton docks, and the dealers just request it to come on a transporter and be delivered to the showroom.

Well renault called today to tell me that they can't have that car cos someone is looking at it this weekend. Why would they go with a maybe if I'm a definite?!

Anyone here able to see uk stock for me to lemme know who has this car in case it's a distacne i would be happy to travel?

maggi112":3il3i4o5 said:
Well renault called today to tell me that they can't have that car cos someone is looking at it this weekend. Why would they go with a maybe if I'm a definite?!

Anyone here able to see uk stock for me to lemme know who has this car in case it's a distacne i would be happy to travel?

Speak to Karl, aka Twingo Geekeo, he works in Renault Parts so he may be able to get someone to have a look if you message him the details :) Never know, may even be at the dealer he works for, lol.

yeah will do that.

I've seen a couple of used cars, gonna go have a look at one this weekend actually! If I can get an okay finance deal I could still save some money so worth looking at!

Al":2przdt6c said:
Twingogeekeo":2przdt6c said:
Renault normally pay to get it from one dealer to another

Officially they don't, but most will "forfeit" the cost as part of the on the road price. VW, incidentally charge (or did) several hundred pounds for transportation post dealership delivery.

I re-phase it the sorryu the dealership will normally pay to make the sale of the vechile

maggi112":2przdt6c said:

Could be the dealer who have the car might be trying to make a sale before they relise the car to another dealer. In a dealer transfer the dealer makes no money!

Think I found the car for you. went to my local dealer yesterday to have a look at what cars they had in and in doorway was a white cup with I'd pack black alloys, price of £11,000 I think. I'm pritty sure this the one your on about but don't hold me to it. The dealer is ..... Jaybee Motors, Banbury.

P.S to Karl an matt I had to write this 3 times because it kept login me out when I clicked submit.