Renaultsport Clio 200 EDC

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi200":3fbqoh6a said:
my only criticism is from the drivers seat it doesn't always feel like you're doing the speed you actually are! It's quite easy to get caught out if you're not careful and I've found cruise control and the speed limiter are really handy in licence retention :lol: .

I agree with this!!
Mr Dw does not believe me of course, he thinks I do it on purpose.
Can you tell him please?

I swear Carrie did it to me yesterday. Hit the A17 on the way to see Parks and Jodie (well just Jodie) and she suddenly boots it in sport and I can say it feels much quicker as a passenger :lol:

When my dad asked me to show him launch control he yelped and grabbed hold of the door, and he's never done that in any car that I've seen!

maggi200":32ut6b34 said:
I swear Carrie did it to me yesterday. Hit the A17 on the way to see Parks and Jodie (well just Jodie) and she suddenly boots it in sport and I can say it feels much quicker as a passenger :lol:

When my dad asked me to show him launch control he yelped and grabbed hold of the door, and he's never done that in any car that I've seen!

Hehe I did boot it a few times and took corners harder and faster then you! Its great to drive! I think you weren't expecting me to do it. When I came off the A17 you were speaking then went quiet when I put my foot down :) :)

And James (jmr) thank you sooooo much for meeting us. It was great and I am now on the search!! :)

Do I mention the 'accidental' left footed braking? I'm still collecting my tonsils from in front of my teeth.

Glad you enjoyed it, but you ruined my fuel economy! :p

Still loving her. More miles on the engine has resulted in more whooshing from the turbo and popping from the exhaust.

Only a hoover and wipe down plus the plates for now. She's gonna have a good wash next weekend hopefully

paza5u8a.jpg

uny6ymu6.jpg

asezyhun.jpg

Done around 900 miles this week and not once have I not wanted to get in and drive, or have I had a bad back or even an ache. Genuinely a nice place to sit and the little touches are nice. I'm convinced that earlier cars must be configured differently cos the gear box is simply amazing and if anyone says it's doing it wrong or is slow must be driving something else!

Fantastic cars. And as you say, people complaining about the box don't have a clue what they are talking about. It's bloody quick.
We got a white one, remapped by Henk from fastchip, but he told me to come back when there's a bigger intercooler available, because he fears a more agressive map would overheat the car too fast.

Henk from Fastchip does all the maps for the RS Tuners for Renaultsports doesn't he?

I have no idea!

A quick blast down my favourite lanes (now they've been resurfaced and free from traffic at night...)

Oh my. This thing is simply rapid point to point. I wouldn't change a thing as a road car! When it's properly warmed up and on it, its blown my mind.

the technology in it is awesome, we can all agree that the looks are touch and go! but looks don't do it for me. i'm glad renault went small engine with a turbo on this one. looks like naturally aspirated engines are a thing of the past :) i've only driven one of these once and i didn't notice the turbo coming into the power band. it felt like a N/A engine. very comfortable, very refined but by god it shifts you're right :D those seats made my bum smile. comfy and actually feel expensive

You can hear the turbo spool and when you come off throttle of course, the addictive woosh

Every time I look at it I like the looks more and more. The back end I've loved from the start but even the front end I love now

7ybenase.jpg

3u5evane.jpg

Tbh they're poor pics but I had to move it out of the way. Will get better pics tomorrow with her sister from Japan. Finally managed to clay her!

She has now been named Darth on account of her moody looks and the noises she makes at low revs when the boost comes in.

Really want the supersprint and a remap next!

Been getting a lot of bad press the 200T, I've driven one and liked it a lot, looks great in black, enjoy :lol:

If people don't want to like it, they probably won't. The gear box is one of the better double clutches I've driven (which is a few now) and its so quick. Tbh I wouldn't know if the auto mode is actually any good anymore as I use the paddles all the time, why wouldn't you? The bad press doesn't bother me, there's plenty of very enthusiastic reviews out there and it's sold plenty world wide so far to back it up too.

qupubery.jpg

aruby4ed.jpg

u4uzese7.jpg

welcome to the world of small engined, turbocharged cars. now you know how it feels to be mocked by 90% of the other model owners! was a single f word given? :D not at all!

have you ever driven it in full automatic mode? it's very very veryyyy sluggish. good for economy mode, if such a mode should even exist!

Of course I have, and it's brilliant. Makes it great for driving in town and when I don't want a nut job of a car. Something the old car was crap at.

And it's hardly an under powered gt is it ;) it handles for a start lol