Renaultsport Clio 200 EDC

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well we all need to live under the shadow of something that's bigger and better from the factory, don't we? ;)

it's good to be the baby turbo! the david moyes of the renault range haha

There's always a bigger and better something just around the corner, but we have to live within our own means.
The baby turbo is the GT EDC :p

And if you must draw similarities, you must know that I don't follow football :lol: or speak Scottish

I bought the clio cos nothing in this price bracket (and I didn't pay anywhere near list for that matter) can be civilised and a nutter with a press of a button. I like the fact the nut case is hidden behind a button, sometimes I'm not in the mood for it. Which is what the 133 didn't do well, it was like a stripped out Road racer with a dash lifted from a Cadbury milk tray that was constantly wanting to get up and go. It's funny how the cars that the press love don't always seem to sell well, the megane is massively outsold by the golf gti despite the obvious difference in driving dynamics, because the press love a car that feels like a race car for the road, but seem to forget people need to live with it every day. Enter the clio, which brings something to the sector nothing else can.

When I said I was looking at a clio 3 200, the reaction wasn't favourable at either home or work. Collect the EDC and it's unanimously loved by normal people. And those on 197.net seem to be seriously warming to them, after actually driving them. I'm happy with my choice.

So, black badges or not?

It's grown on me though...

ura3u5a7.jpg

ysejy8a9.jpg

3amuga8u.jpg

9e2a2u8u.jpg

hy6uhusa.jpg

7e4ehy4y.jpg

ugu3ype5.jpg

They're all phone shots but about time we introduced the other new car. We're both twingoless these days

Are ktec remaping these yet and what are they getting out of them? I've got a test drive next week and have been going through the finances with the dealer and all seems promising. Nice thread by the way, the pictures have made the Clio grow on me as all the ones I've seen on the road don't seem "renaultsport" enough.

They have done their own, not sure on customer cars. I'm gonna wait for now, it's not like it's a slouch, although it barely feels quicker than the twingo in some circumstances, you're actually travelling a hell of a lot faster, although sometimes it certainly feels it's travelling as fast as it is.

Enjoy the test drive. The new car is a big step up, it works in the real world for instance!

What sort of deal have you found?

It should only work out around £40 a month more expensive than I currently pay for the twingo but I've not even had it a year yet so I need to find out how much I still owe. What is ktecs car running?

Can't remember exactly but I do remember thinking the torque figure was impressive, and those who have driven it say it's nice. I'd be tempted for a subtle one, as those who have had the superchips have had issues and that seems like a stretch too far in terms of cooling.

What would that be? I owned my 133 outright so used that and cash for the remainder. Would the car be a factory order or a pre reg? There's some good deals on ecop cars, worth a look at. The factory orders all seem to get delayed as it's been popular everywhere other than the Internet and the UK

The example on the Renault website is £4,800 deposit, £209 a month, £6000ish final payment. I wanted to pay around £2,500 deposit and the monthly came out about £260. That was the rough quote I got from Renault but I will find out more when I go back in Thursday

currieravfc":eq2bk97o said:
The example on the Renault website is £4,800 deposit, £209 a month, £6000ish final payment. I wanted to pay around £2,500 deposit and the monthly came out about £260. That was the rough quote I got from Renault but I will find out more when I go back in Thursday
That's a hell of a lot of money to be paying for a car mate

Over 4 years on 4+ and the balloon payment is good because it brings the finance down. Plus you never look to pay that as pcp is only an advantage if you switch your car every year or 2. Basically my end balloon payment on my twingo is 4000 which they are currently selling for at least 6000 in average condition so there is 2000 back at least for a deposit on another pcp car.

You're still going to be paying interest (which seems to be an inflated rate with rci) on the whole amount - what if you want to buy something else in 2 years and they don't offer you what you want for it?

All cars cost money, but that does seem excessive for what it is. It's certainly a lot more than I paid, for what was essentially a new car.
If I was going to pcp it would be for something that's unlikely to depreciate much. You could lease a golf r for the same money and have the same ownership entitlement (ie none). I'd rather do that!

So only phone pics for now but she's received some love. She's getting quicker with miles on the clock, and pops and bangs much more than before...

Ktec induction. Ordered it before it was available on the website and had it installed the same day, love the kit.

qydaze2u.jpg

5y7ypu3a.jpg

And a cost of glasur last night to keep her looking at least a little shiney.

y4y6yber.jpg

ydynerev.jpg

nysyre4y.jpg

enaheqe5.jpg