RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi112":oj5p35sf said:
How far have you bent the tabs back?
The only thing I've bent (so far) is the small tabs on the rear arches, around the bumper/body joint as pictured previously.

If the CXRs fit over the calipers as ET47 then thats a probable option. If they wouldn't fit then I think I'll keep the 2118s and make some clearance to get them to work.

0° 30' camber shims ordered, which should make the rear camber about the same as Clio182 specs -1° 30'

It may also help with the rear tyres clearing the arch as 30' over the radius of the tyre should be about 2.5mm difference. Although, theres the thickness of the shims to take account of so the 2.5mm may well be completely lost again :(

Prefer the look of the new wheels to them 'speedline' jobbies, but still very noisey to drive, need ear plugs for a long journey.

Singlespeed oh":1rh1j2ze said:
Prefer the look of the new wheels to them 'speedline' jobbies, but still very noisey to drive, need ear plugs for a long journey.
I guess you logged yourself out and finally decided to sign up :cool:

Well, if the Comp CXR wheels fit over the calipers, that sounds like permission granted :mrgreen:

-0.5degree rear camber shims fitted and after a bath, ready for the ice cream run
8917056066_4a80c14d93_b_d.jpg

8916462365_6c568fc4c7_b_d.jpg

Still clean but, about to get another bath as the weather was soon going to take a major change :(
8916528797_6625ca6776_b_d.jpg

More pics on the Cullen ice cream run
https://www.twingo133.net/gallery/cullen-ice-cream-run-pics-t9880.html

Great photo of the two gordini's together there.

How has the car been since getting it back from ktec? Have you had much chance to use it?

markhardy":75d9rb51 said:
Great photo of the two gordini's together there.

How has the car been since getting it back from ktec? Have you had much chance to use it?
It has had quite a bit of use :mrgreen: Its fine around town and epic out on the open road when let loose. The only painfull part it transitioning between the two as the 3-4K flatspot is most noticable if your pottering but even that is livable

The other Dini, belonging to Mike (Gordini200) is quite nice (I'm not a huge fan of the 200) and goes pretty well, having decat + Y pipe, custom pipercross intake, rs tuning remap. I think it probably has the edge over mine but theres not much in it between the two so long as I keep the revs above 4K

I love this car
very clean ^^

I didn't follow everything
why you use special bolt system?

mazmaz":2w5beelm said:
I love this car
very clean ^^

I didn't follow everything
why you use special bolt system?
Not long after getting the car a couple of wheel bolts stretched,which didn't realy inspire confidence. I've had the high tensile stud conversion kit for a while but only got around to fitting them recently.

I know I once said I wouldn't fit one, but I have now.... :oops:
8975544551_a7f63e6f59_b_d.jpg

8977680968_e31e580411_b_d.jpg

Still a fair amount of work, sanding back and then a few layers of epoxy before more sanding and polishing (hence them not being clipped in). Yes, I know that skinning a part with CF won't make it lighter :lol:
8977601372_c0bb3a7c84_b_d.jpg

8977597142_cdca3d06d3_b_d.jpg

8976419507_4ffcd86260_b_d.jpg

Neil, I meant to ask before. Did you move over the bracket for the abs on the front? I've tied the cable, but never moved the bracket and clip as I couldn't remove it from the OEM front struts. Even after soaking it in plus gas several times

Dubz":klii6xg4 said:
Now taking bets on how long until neil gets a rusty ring :lol:
316 stainless steel shackle and I'll be getting the bar duplicated in stainless as well. So, it shouldn't be going rusty :)

James. Yes, I did swap my ABS cable brackets over to the coilovers. So long as they are secured away so the cables cant be caught or rubbed, it won't be any different to many replacement setups