RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_notorious_C_A_T":13tde0ve said:
Itg do a pretty slim filter for itb's. Pretty sure a sausage filter is recommended as well compared to socks.
Socks are generally rubbish. Hence holding off getting a set just for the trip north as they wont be staying

Im sure one of the ITG ones will fit, but as if stands at the minute, theres not enough clearance for a Pipercross back plate.

singlespeed":1uwrzy6s said:
Socks are generally rubbish.

Why do you say this?

There intended use is for when no other option is available or very little space. I find them far from rubbish, the only issue ive seen is ones failing and being ingested by the throttle bodies but they are few and far between issues. And main cause is not maintaining and oiling the filter before use and cheap shit filters made from tissue paper etc.. The internet is full of all the bad stories but very little of the good ones as im sure you know..

:)

There certainly better than nothing if space is a definate no go for a propper filter.

The Westy had socks on it as the trumpets are close to the side of the bonnet. On the RR, there was a decent gain by removing them and swapping to a couple of K&N pannels which just squeeze under the bonnet.

In sure I have enough space for a decent size sausage filter, so I'll resort to socks if/when I find out thats the last resort

this is a crazy build getting close to the 190 bhp of the R2 Rallysport car!

LC":16m13iiz said:
this is a crazy build getting close to the 190 bhp of the R2 Rallysport car!
Nah, nowhere close. High compression pistons and steel conrods to keep the revs up beyond 7250/7500 rpm will pprobably be needed to get anywhere close on a dyno that gives realistic figures. MazMaz may get there as I think he is doing a forged engine build.

Joe stands a good chance with a decent shot of nos. But, no one has actually found out what the standard rods can take... rods in the earlier K4M with added boost start to give up over 180 and nos is another form of boost, giving extra torque from more fuel and oxygen

singlespeed":uaw7158c said:
But, no one has actually found out what the standard rods can take...

Out if interest is the only way to figure that out to destroy an engine?

singlespeed":333mtrqg said:

LCplParks":h3ak9mbu said:
singlespeed":h3ak9mbu said:

I guess so :?
Chances are theres ways to computer model the stresses within the engine, to predict what will fail and when. However, you would need a very accurate model of the engine components and their metal specs before you could do it. Top end motorsport teams and car designers could probably do it. But a replacement engine would probably be cheaper for us.

Dan works for a decent team :)

I think they use Engine Benches to determine the stress points on the engine. At my work they have about 6 of them and they let engines run for miles and miles.

I'm sur rod are quite resistant

they are almost the same on clio that take 200bhp
Personally i change them mainly to loose weight

It would be interesting to look at making the engine as a whole stronger though :) 300 shot of nitrous would be very interesting haha

Half way home and stopped for food.

No major issues. Sounds pretty epic at +6k. Burbles and slight pops off throttle at lower revs.

singlespeed":3ahkpsv1 said:

No major issues. Sounds pretty epic at +6k. Burbles and slight pops off throttle at lower revs.
Hope you were doing that at a standstill or motorway lol

LC":1v01uoit said:
singlespeed":1v01uoit said:

Can easily go 6k rpm within speed limits.

Just depends what gear you're in as 2nd redlined in my car so 7250 revs is 62mph, which is below 70 if you're joining a dual carriageway ;)

waitey":13wbzr40 said:
LC":13wbzr40 said:
singlespeed":13wbzr40 said:

Can easily go 6k rpm within speed limits.

Just depends what gear you're in as 2nd redlined in my car so 7250 revs is 62mph, which is below 70 if you're joining a dual carriageway ;)

my car hasnt been past 4500 since i owned it lol