RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LC":1fkrzni9 said:
waitey":1fkrzni9 said:
LC":1fkrzni9 said:
singlespeed":1fkrzni9 said:
Half way home and stopped for food.

No major issues. Sounds pretty epic at +6k. Burbles and slight pops off throttle at lower revs.
Hope you were doing that at a standstill or motorway lol

Can easily go 6k rpm within speed limits.

Just depends what gear you're in as 2nd redlined in my car so 7250 revs is 62mph, which is below 70 if you're joining a dual carriageway ;)

my car hasnt been past 4500 since i owned it lol

I'm assuming you've found rs ownership pretty slow going then?

singlespeed":ecou4i0r said:
Sounds pretty epic at +6k. Burbles and slight pops off throttle at lower revs.

cause of that quote i really do want to beg for a passenger tour again on FCS :lol:

GhostZ":obgzjc67 said:
singlespeed":obgzjc67 said:

cause of that quote i really do want to beg for a passenger tour again on FCS :lol:
Its not very quick at the minute, as its definately lacking torque :(
11994237966_25df9dfe7a_b_d.jpg

Measured up, measured again and mocked up various possible sizes for the filter :? Theres really not a lot of space to play with :cry:

Socks aren't really an option, as theres not enough room between the trumpets without majorly squashing them together

I may be able to use one of the ITG JC50 filters on a domed backing tray. However, its verrrry tight for one of them and there not exactly cheap. The biggest filter I think I can get away with is actually one of the smallest available to go over 40mm trumpets - ITG JC40 Small Twin 65mm domed (so 25mm clearance between the trumpets and inside of the filter). With a blank backing plate, I should be able to cut the holes sligtly off the center line and that should raise it up just enough for clearance between the bottom edge of the filter and alternator/coolant hose... The filter should also just clear the bonnet latch by ~10mm (at least for now).

Then, its going to be looking for some extra length for the inlets, to re-find the missing torque.
Angle grinder>Slam panel> aerocatches :) 40-50mm extra length to play with which should help :)

singlespeed":2vhpj064 said:
GhostZ":2vhpj064 said:
singlespeed":2vhpj064 said:

Its not very quick at the minute, as its definately lacking torque :(

Measured up, measured again and mocked up various possible sizes for the filter :? Theres really not a lot of space to play with :cry:

Socks aren't really an option, as theres not enough room between the trumpets without majorly squashing them together

I may be able to use one of the ITG JC50 filters on a domed backing tray. However, its verrrry tight for one of them and there not exactly cheap. The biggest filter I think I can get away with is actually one of the smallest available to go over 40mm trumpets - ITG JC40 Small Twin 65mm domed (so 25mm clearance between the trumpets and inside of the filter). With a blank backing plate, I should be able to cut the holes sligtly off the center line and that should raise it up just enough for clearance between the bottom edge of the filter and alternator/coolant hose... The filter should also just clear the bonnet latch by ~10mm (at least for now).

Then, its going to be looking for some extra length for the inlets, to re-find the missing torque.
Angle grinder>Slam panel> aerocatches :) 40-50mm extra length to play with which should help :)

Neil i do not care about maximum power that i will give me a hart attack or something (it is nice to have it tho when the upgrade is more refined ;) ) what i most care about is the ride and the enjoyment of the upgrade itself and if it makes you put a smile on my (your) face while sitting in it i'm satisfied enough :mrgreen:

https://s182.photobucket.com/user/singlespeed2007/media/20140116_153910_zps57be60b0.mp4.html
Nice quiet dead end estate road, with the camera strapped to the wheel ;)

edit - with my laptop speakers at full volume, its still not enough :?

singlespeed":388w68md said:

well, the filter fits over the trumpets but theres no chance the backing plate could be cut to fit onto the extensions and then clip the filter onto it, as its tight against the alternator.

100mm long extensions (to replace the 70mm ones fitted) and 30mm tunning rings ordered which will definately need some surgery on the slam panel and then fitting Aerocatches. But an extra 60mm total length should make a fair difference in the performance and also put the filter backing plate clear of the alternator.

Still with the original 70mm extension tubes and 40mm trumpets. Clearance infront of the trumpets was rather tight for space, severely limitting choices for filters.
12106884456_fedc8e160f_b_d.jpg

Now, with the slam panel having a small visit by an angle grinder, theres loads of room for the filter to go on the longer extension tubes when they arrive :cool:
12106519253_824538ee8f_b_d.jpg

12106890886_179e2bc834_b_d.jpg

12106524253_12038ef89d_b_d.jpg

12106232055_c707e74544_b_d.jpg

waitey":2qrorgde said:
What's with the thread name changing too RS153?
I could have ammended it to RS165 when it was on SteC rollers two days after seeing 174 at Ktec. Well, Pauls rollers arent optimistic and the torque/power is down ;)

Hopefully it can go back up again with the longer inlets but we will see what works best now theres some room to play with ;)