Steve-o Progress Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve-o":1jweegrd said:
Haha! I'd need even bigger injectors with that much air going in! Would be immense as a twin turbo set up with the original, horrific lag with just that massive one!
There not actually that big mate it's the 8 liter engines that make them go

be careful if ur planing on using 182 injectors as they dont like being turbo'd too much.
do u know at what rate ur injectors are runnig atm??

Lol yes Karl. Turbo - standard injector flow on GT is around 200cc, 182 are around 240cc. Not going for massive power (yet ;) ) while it is still a daily driver. Once I've finished my masters and Phd and got a better job I'll have the Twingo as a second car/track slag. Then just drop a bigger turbo engine in it.

Tease shot

b26b30bf-283f-fed0.jpg

Exhaust is done! [Photo quality is sh@ - iPhone. Will get back on a ramp and charge the DSLR when I get chance]

photo1.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

cars looking good mate :cool:
good luck with the masters and Phd :geek:

Have a look at getting the lot done Jordy, the standard system looks and is really restrictive. Noticed mine feels a bit more eager to rev.

Steve-o":3o5ci0h9 said:
Have a look at getting the lot done Jordy, the standard system looks and is really restrictive. Noticed mine feels a bit more eager to rev.
Can u put a vid up of the sound of it mate

Steve-o":355trdfy said:

Mine is already a stainless system, GOD! you pay no attention :( , just changing the back section after the beam fancy a different tip and a very very very small backbox,

just changing the back section after the beam fancy a different tip and a very very very small backbox,

sounds intresting, looking forward to pics

Going to have another go at doing the induction system. The car seems more eager to rev without the cold air feed attached and makes a better exhaust note. Just need to relocate the filter section somewhere that gets cold air to try and avoid as much heat soak as possible, easier said than done, its tight under the bonnet.

best place would be to take out a foglight and put it there!
u would have to be careful of puddles tho!

I assume a very small amount of water won't be too much of an issue on the filter. Might put it down by the intercooler

Cars up on the ramp tomorrow to have wheels changed and tracking done. Will get some better pics of the exhaust while it's up there! Any other picture requests?