Super Sprint Renaultsport 133 exhaust...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds sweet.

i wonder if anyone has had thier camera nicked while filming one of these flyby vids

weebob":3ebo3i59 said:
sounds sweet.

i wonder if anyone has had thier camera nicked while filming one of these flyby vids

Ive always wondered that :lol:

Great minds think alike. I would be to worryed to leave my camera just in case.

does you misure the diameter of the oem tube compared qith the supersprint tube??

FaBiO 180":30xcsrcf said:
does you misure the diameter of the oem tube compared qith the supersprint tube??
Standard RS exhaust is 50mm outside diameter. Supersprint is the same

singlespeed":1kycnhb8 said:
FaBiO 180":1kycnhb8 said:
Standard RS exhaust is 50mm outside diameter. Supersprint is the same
voices, in italy, says that supersprint is 55mm.... thanks!!

I have astrange question I think :eek:
I have the full supersprint system. We know tha the catalyt is one piece with the manifold so it is on my car.
At Dialogys the front box is called catalytic convert
I have asked the RUK at www.renaultsport.co.uk but i can not understand once my english are not good enough :oops:
The discussion is

Dimitris85 asks
Hi my question has to do with the cat of the twingo rs. The cat is one piece with the manifold? The front pipe has to do anything with the cat? My question is why I have change the exhaust (front pipe, the center pipe and the back box) and I am wondering if that creates any problem to the cat. Thanks a lot for your time.
Allen responds
<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial" size="2">The catalytic converter and the manifold are normally separate. But the catalytic converter can be formed with the remainder of the system, but in aftersales it has pre determined cut areas for service and replacements.</font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial" size="2">Regards,</font></div>
My question is do we have problem with our emisions?

the RS133 has:-
Manifold, including catalytic converter and lambda sensor.
Front pipe, including flexible joint and straight through silencer.
Center pipe, including straight through silenser.
Back box section.

Back and center section is one piece from the factory.

I know that, but I am confused because the front pipe with part number 8200672626 the renault's program for parts (dialogys)refers it as catalytic convert :? And the bigger problem is that I am far away from the nearest place where I can check the emmisions...

Dimitris85":2b7uz98w said:
I know that, but I am confused because the front pipe with part number 8200672626 the renault's program for parts (dialogys)refers it as catalytic convert :? And the bigger problem is that I am far away from the nearest place where I can check the emmisions...
Before replying earlier, i actualy checked to see if the silensors were straight through or not, so i can confirm the front section with the box and flex joint is definately a straight through silensor and NOT a catalyst. Sorry, i dont know the part numbers for the sections

Emision control would be on the manifold, which is one piece 4 branch tubular into a catalyst can, fitted with a lambda boss for the sensor to screw into.

Thanks man! I was thinkinking the same with you, but i had second thoughts if renault has something like second catalyt :? In the manifold there is a catalyt and the lambda anyway :D

there may be some confusion because the R2 has a different manifold assembly, being a longer 4-2-1, which has a cat in the same place as the RS133 front silenser. Have a look for a thread called'catalyst' as theres some pictures there

So, unless your running an R2 without knowing, you should be good :)

xaxaxa I wish I had a R2 :D
The dialogys has picture of the part (exactly as that on your first picture) and call it catalytic convert. Thats's why I am confused :)
Here is a picture of the program
pa230052.jpg

In the 133, there's only 1 Cat - In the Manifold.

The box immediately after the Manifold is a Silencer box.
The box in the mid pipe is a resonator box.
And then there's the back box at the....well....back.

So that makes:
Cat - 1
Silencers/Resonators - 3

That's very possible! and it is not the first time... when I had asked the first time for the price of power peds the system said 700 euro! :D :lol: :lol:

madmatt":3tfq166r said:
In the 133, there's only 1 Cat - In the Manifold.

The box immediately after the Manifold is a Silencer box.
The box in the mid pipe is a resonator box.
And then there's the back box at the....well....back.

So that makes:
Cat - 1
Silencers/Resonators - 3

Hi,
Similar question I'd just like clarification on...
On the standard 133 exhaust system, which box is the cat? When viewed from underneath 3 boxes are easily seen (not including the one on the manifold). I presume the cat is the middle one going by it's shape?
Cheers

none. the cat is in the manifold, as said in the text that you quoted lol..

Look for the two Lambda sensors... funny thing is the pre-cat and post-cat sensors are both screwed into the exhaust manifold. So, as already said above and pictured elsewhere, the cat is part of the manifold.

That is unless the manifold has been replaced or modded like mine ;)