Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi112":d1fqtdxl said:
How many adjustments are there possible on the rear with a fixed beam... ;) would that not affect the front only?

That's what I thought but its quite cambered and has more toe than everyone else's from the last meet.

Bought a right shed of a car :lol:

Ads car? :p

daihatsu-move-negative-camber.jpg

Hey guys..........mine are gone too, could this cause my vibration at speed? will phone RUK tomz as it seems a common problem.

Took car in for MOT yesterday (1st one) got a phone call to say the balljoints needed doing (under warranty) they wouldn't let me take the car back as they deemed it not roadworthy and dangerous! There was no stock till Monday, so I've been left in the lurch with no car and no car to get me to work (they said there were no courtesy cars available) Funny really only bought the car last September and done less than 4k miles....

I had mine done along with a brand new gearbox....car had only done 21k, lucky Renault paid most of it and to be fair they did give me a brand new Clio for the 2 weeks it took.

I'm hoping they are uprated parts on the replacement as it seems to be a huge issue.........can anyone confirm this?

Got it back tuesday finally, steering wheel isn't straight tho grrr - I'm not sure how you manage that doing the arms, afaik you don't need to touch any steering components ?

caffrey":2z27gt8d said:
Got it back tuesday finally, steering wheel isn't straight tho grrr - I'm not sure how you manage that doing the arms, afaik you don't need to touch any steering components ?
When disturbing or replacing any of the front suspension, its good practice to at least check the tracking angles of the steering afterwards. The angles and tollerance is quite small (between 0° 01’ and 0° 20’ total toe), if your tracking was set perfectly in the middle of the tollerance range (the ideal being 0° 10’ total toe, made up of 0° 05’ at either wheel), a change of 1mm at the wishbones or topmounts would take the tracking beyond the recomended settings. being as thats 1mm combined, its only 0.5mm of change either side.

Getting the steering wheel wonky :? Either they didn't check the tracking and the suspension has moved relative to the previous position when the tracking was set. Or, they set it with the steering wheel slightly off. Or, its set perfectly and your driving on a road with a slope or camber to it.

It's definitely out, just a small amount, just enough to be annoying :)
They were in a rush as they'd had the car so long and caused me some inconvenience - think it was up on the ramps done then straight to me, worst thing is they dropped it off so they must've noticed it was out.
Might take it elsewhere for proper tracking, not entirely convinced about going back there.

caffrey":17nj8jjp said:
It's definitely out, just a small amount, just enough to be annoying :)
They were in a rush as they'd had the car so long and caused me some inconvenience - think it was up on the ramps done then straight to me, worst thing is they dropped it off so they must've noticed it was out.
Might take it elsewhere for proper tracking, not entirely convinced about going back there.

Unless, as pointed out above, it was slightly out and the roads had enough camber to convince the mechanic that it was within reason

Just got a quote from Renault for 2 new suspension arms and 2 new track rod ends, including assembly and alignment. €711 which is about 600 pounds. Ok price? Should I do it?