Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any differences between "standard" balljoints and those on r2 twingos?

The rally team I went say you must put them

so I guess

but a really good add to this is to put some plastic or rubber chimical protection on the rubber
help a lot to keep it new and soft (this is my expérience)
also I'm sur wrap them with thermal adhesive tape can help !

I just bought a twingo rs and both the balljoint rubbers were cracked.The balljoint itself was Ok,so i replaced the rubbers with new ones.They told me that a year ago the lower arms where replaced by new ones.My opinion is that the rubber is made of bad quality rubber.The rubbers were cracked not on the side of the break disc but on the opposit side.
Sorry for my bad english.........

Sorry for stupid question, but is it possible to change just the rubber? As far as I know, you have to replace the whole bit (arm etc.). If it's possible to change just the rubber, what's the part code then?

Is it possible to get any link? I know someone posted it somewhere already, but I'm too lazy to search for it ;)

Here they are my new lower arms.
Codes:
from Renault Sport Twingo R2 Evo catalog.
Total 295€
ute8ahub.jpg

mavyguqu.jpg

yjyha4es.jpg

Weird! they come from Autorel in Piacenza which is where i bought my twingo RS.....could contact them to see if they can do a group buy deal if enough people are interested

Guesstimator":2hgv59ky said:
Weird! they come from Autorel in Piacenza which is where i bought my twingo RS.....could contact them to see if they can do a group buy deal if enough people are interested
What, complete arms or the seperate balljoint.

Guesstimator":2s32b8rq said:
Yes, they come from Autorel in Piacenza.
I live 5 min far away from there.

@singledpeed complete arm. I have contacted ocap as I have worked with them in the past but cannot get the ball joints on their own. Trying through other work connections now, will know by end of week.

I will be talking with autorel in about half an hour so will let you know number of orders to get a discount.

@theonepc. I lived in Parma for a while which is why I got the car from them. Changed all I could under warranty (including steering wheel) so can't fault them!! Let's see what I can agree with them , if anything....

OK, no group discounts. But basically the same price TheOnePC paid for the pair of R1 arms (140€ each).
However on Friday they are meeting up with renault sport and they will try and see if the ball joint could be made available separately, and also confirm possible differences between the std arm and the R1-R2 arm as these are considerably cheaper and supposedly fitted with a revised ball joint.

This is the information I was given over the phone.

No not managed I have a few sent out to me all to short anyone managed to get just the ball joint

would it not be a better idea to measure the seating pcd of the ball joint and then measure the width of the thread (M10 etc) and then just get yourself the correct sized ball joint from any given ball joint manufacturer. that's perhaps your best approach guys