Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry gentlemen, the balljoint is defintely screwed by a righthand fine pitch thread ;)

If anybody has a old arm available, i will show you how to unscrew the balljoint

bozza is correct, the ball joints are easily removable. all you'll need to do is find the thread pitch of the ball joint body (as in where the ball joint screws into the wishbone) measure the diameter, treat it like sizing a bolt up really.

contact manufacturers of ball joints and give them your measurements, they'll all have a balljoint for you.
neil will know what i mean anyway!

easier said than done

i will pick out the blueprint of the balljoint and post here, tomorrow when i'm back in the office.
Then happy doing :mrgreen:

After getting the blueprint i went to Febi, Q&H, Triscan etc
They all do not have the balljoints with this dimensions. But it is no problem to make them!
Then you have to order a minimum quantity of 500 to 1000 to get an acceptable price. Custom made two pieces are also possible, but then even Renault is cheaper :D

As i mentioned already, the **** parts only fit in the RS and Wind. That is why they are not so cheap than parts of the normal Twingo or others. This is the thing with small batch series. And compared with the normal Twingo, the RS is such a small batch series....

My main customers would be very happy to get balljoints for 40GBP each. Some italians have 4 joints front and 4 joints rear ^^
But thats just on the brink ;-)

Bozza":27dr5q13 said:
i will pick out the blueprint of the balljoint and post here, tomorrow when i'm back in the office.

They all do not have the balljoints with this dimensions. But it is no problem to make them!
Then you have to order a minimum quantity of 500 to 1000 to get an acceptable price. Custom made two pieces are also possible, but then even Renault is cheaper :D

As i mentioned already, the **** parts only fit in the RS and Wind. That is why they are not so cheap than parts of the normal Twingo or others. This is the thing with small batch series. And compared with the normal Twingo, the RS is such a small batch series....

My main customers would be very happy to get balljoints for 40GBP each. Some italians have 4 joints front and 4 joints rear ^^

I don't understand people's issue to be honest... it's simple...

Would you rather pay £300 from Renault or £100 from you.. Or have I missed the point...? :?

UltimateGreen":c59mpczv said:
Bozza":c59mpczv said:

I don't understand people's issue to be honest... it's simple...

Would you rather pay £300 from Renault or £100 from you.. Or have I missed the point...? :?
My original queery regarding the lack of information about the part number has been answered and then some, so thanks Dino.

I had already looked into most of the screw in joints avaliable from the commonly found manufacturers. With access to the OCAP drawings, Dino has managed to confirm what I suspected, in the joint being a one off, only found on the 133 and therefore also Winds.

Hello friends,
here is the blueprint i promised.
ball joint.jpg

As i said, OCAP is the only manufacturer that produces this part.
By the was: a pair of balljoints including shipping will cost about 88 GBP, not a 100 ;-)

Dino

Bozza":2pdt4gan said:
Hello friends,
here is the blueprint i promised.

As i said, OCAP is the only manufacturer that produces this part.
By the was: a pair of balljoints including shipping will cost about 88 GBP, not a 100 ;-)

Dino
Cool :cool: I guess the measurements I took and posted last year helped to narrow it down.

If I could have got access to the OCAP blueprints, I'm sure I would have found it ages ago. However, I didnt and had prety much given up hope :cry:

I did have a try at removing my balljoint whilst it was off to measure up, but found it too tight to remove without the use of heat. I didn't want to heat it as the joint was (and still is) in good condition. I had made a four legged adaptor from a 12-point socket and used an angle grinder to cut away sections to leave four pins. I think with the use of some heat and penetrating oil, that would suffice as a decent removal tool.

this is part of the original OCAP blueprint ;)

I removed one balljoint with the suitable tool and many curses...
All others using the MIG welder, as they were brocken anyway ;-)
Foto (4).JPG

So you can fix the nut in the bench vice, and unlock the balljoint using a crower betwenn the hole of the arm and the vice.

There are many ways. The easiest is the welding and warming; approved in many years on Porsche arms :mrgreen:

The new joint you can screw with your handy, and tighten with the tool mentioned above

not sur i understand all the procedure ^^ (not english)

how much cost this replace in €?

Hi mazmaz,
what question do you have?

Is anybody here who wants his arm having refurbished? Then i will do a photo documentation and post it here.

The price is 49€ / 41 GBP. If interested, simple send me a PN ;-)

Regards

Dino

I might be interested in few weeks, depends if Renault will help me or not. Both balljoints are broken in my Twingo :/

My ball joints arrived this morning from Dino/Bozza. Many thanks. Saves me spending a fortune with Renault on arms that are not needed.

beng":2dfwyp5u said:
My ball joints arrived this morning from Dino/Bozza. Many thanks. Saves me spending a fortune with Renault on arms that are not needed.

Are you changing them yourself? If so, it would be helpful if you could write a how to guide

i'm looking for defective arms to change the balljoints; then i would write a guide of my way.
If you have any questions, just ask. Then i will write down in words as good as i can ;-)

Arse, literally had my driver side arm replaced last week. Had I seen this before hand I would have happily ordered a ball joint here. Luckily for me only my driver side was gone, passenger side just needed a boot replacing. No doubt they'll be gone again within a few years anyway

hello everyone,
(I use google translate)

I am French, and I have a Twingo RS.
I have the same problem as you, do you have a link to buy the ball?
In France people selling the ball, only lower control arms> 300euros (ouch!)

thank you for your help
David

kraken":9bgt800e said:
hello everyone,
(I use google translate)

I am French, and I have a Twingo RS.
I have the same problem as you, do you have a link to buy the ball?
In France people selling the ball, only lower control arms> 300euros (ouch!)

thank you for your help
David

bonjour :) that's about as far as i'll be going with that one, david. lol! to buy the ball joint, send this guy a message (i have left you a link to his profile) and he will give you paypal instructions or instructions on how to pay him.

these ball joints are a ball ache for you guys! :(