Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry, i thought i'd clicked copy and paste! thanks neil :D

>>>>>> I want a used ball joint or lower arm with ball joint for my research.
If you have it in a corner of the garage lying around, I'm interested.

kraken":2jbr2j7v said:
>>>>>> I want a used ball joint or lower arm with ball joint for my research.
If you have it in a corner of the garage lying around, I'm interested.

Them balljoints. Everyone has a pair but no one is willing to give up one for science.

well, 99.9% of the guys who have them replaced get them replaced under warranty. this requires the old parts to be kept in exchange for the new parts so yes, you'd be correct in thinking nobody is giving them up because they physically can't lol. the guys who have done them themselves have simply binned the old ones because there really is no point in keeping scrap parts (they weren't to predict the future).

another option for Kraken may be to buy one new from renault. after all, this is what any other business would do..it's called an overhead!

Add another ball joint casualty to the list. 58 reg 133 RS.

Passenger side lasted just under 40k mileage with the full arm being replaced at £215.48. Driver side I had the full arm replaced today at just over 55k mileage for £200.

Seems I have done well to last that long!

kizzye":dskmmcdc said:
Add another ball joint casualty to the list. 58 reg 133 RS.

Passenger side lasted just under 40k mileage with the full arm being replaced at £215.48. Driver side I had the full arm replaced today at just over 55k mileage for £200.

Seems I have done well to last that long!

Yeah you have done well.. mine had done 18k miles and were shot both sides! :|

Roughly 60k kilometres and balljoints were gone.

Dropped my car off yesterday and Renault should have it repaired by today.

The guy tried to blame it on my coilovers. I said it could have an influence but it's a common issue.

te9yqaru.jpg

yqa4apah.jpg

topic12366.html
Instructions, how to replace the ball joint.
The ball joint isn't readily available but Boza ( Dino ) has sourced some as mentioned in the past few pages :)

Can anyone confirm whether these balljoints are the improved / updated design, or the older version (which may fail soon too)?

i can confirm you that these ball joints will NOT eliminate faulty design of the control arms and wheel bearing housing.
You see that there is mechanical influence and heat influnce (from the brake discs), so this is IMHO the reason why the rubbers and so the ball joints fail...
But i can confirm that these ball joints are exactly the ones from the OEM that you also find in the new control arms from the :)

And you can order them from the OEM yourself, with a three digit minimum pruchase; or single from me ;-)

Regards
Dino

Thanks for clarifying Dino :thumbup:

I decided for the full arm replacement in the end. I can get them at a fairly good price here (140eur each) and if anything happens soon, can try get them replaced on warranty (which would be hard with parts from you, I presume).

Bozza":1tkxrd1v said:
i'm looking for defective arms to change the balljoints; then i would write a guide of my way.
If you have any questions, just ask. Then i will write down in words as good as i can ;-)

Hi Bozza,

PM'd you regarding balljoint purchase!

Cheers

Just had a look at all the paperwork we hold for Twinky...lower suspension arms replaced at 24.5k miles...not sure if the replacement parts fitted are the updated ones, or a direct replacement...I'll have to have a closer look when I'm next underneath the car!