Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just done my first service and mine are both split. Need to call Renault up and sort it out. 12.5 k ain't the best for them to go

DrDrew":842jxhod said:
Phoned RUK to have a polite complain?
Phoned them in initially with concerns over the garage that would be carrying out the work so I will be following it up, including a formal complaint about the "Safety Check".

Car booked into ness motors in perth for initial inspection. Both split.. 4957 miles, 13 months old. Bugger..

My nearside got replaced under warranty - excessive play.

And my driver's ones being replaced free of charge after the service manager got in touch regarding the brake "mix up" - rubber's split but no excessive play yet.

maggi112":1ye9i3ug said:
Anyone got anywhere with replacements that aren't £££££££
This bunch show the 1.2 balljoints and wishbones etc in their catalogue.
https://www.ocap.it/home.asp

OCAP was printed in the bottom of the old and new balljoint, so its probably fair to say they make them for the RS as well... Good luck trying to get a reply as I've sent several emails to all the listed mail addresses and had nothing back :(

singlespeed":1falgvcn said:
maggi112":1falgvcn said:
Anyone got anywhere with replacements that aren't £££££££
This bunch show the 1.2 balljoints and wishbones etc in their catalogue.
https://www.ocap.it/home.asp

OCAP was printed in the bottom of the old and new balljoint, so its probably fair to say they make them for the RS as well... Good luck trying to get a reply as I've sent several emails to all the listed mail addresses and had nothing back :(

Legend

My Italian isn't quite up there to understand. However, it's a fairly safe bet they would somehow be able to provide it, just speaking to the right person and finding out how to do that.

Did you say you thought they could be pressed in?

I think they are threaded in, as it looks like theres threads showing on the underside of the arm and the 4 holes would be ideal for using a peg drive to screw the balljoint in/out. However, I wasn't allowed to play with the ones that came off as they were going back to Renault for the waranty.

Fabio got an answer from them :)
Hi Neil!!

this is the Ocap's answer:

"Buona sera,
probabilmente il codice che lei necessita è il 402727 codice Ocap, ma
vendiamo lo snodo completo, non solo il gommino.
In ogni caso non vendiamo direttamente dovete fornirvi da un ricambista
nella vs zona che vende Ocap.

Saluti cordiali"

if you can't translete it, it says that you can't buy only the rubber boot, they sell the kit composed by: bailjont + rubber boot and the code is 402727

I hope you understand what I said :)

bye bye
Problem being, 402727 is the one for the 1.2 which is a bolt on joint :cry:

Well the Mrs car has gone in for a fault with the stalk button for the odometer and they've reported that both 'lower arms are worn' and also the ball joints are worn.

I assume this is the same problem as you lot are reporting in this thread.

Her car is 2 years old with 14,500 miles on the clock. Not exactly had a hard life either so bit shoddy these kinds of things are wearing out!!

Alex_225":3skkovg2 said:
Her car is 2 years old with 14,500 miles on the clock. Not exactly had a hard life either so bit shoddy these kinds of things are wearing out!!
well mines 3 years old and just had them done for a second time so proves how shoddy they are

Second time!!! Blimey how pants is that.

I assume Renault do recognise this as a fault as there was no reason to check them on Tia's car whilst it was in. The fault was with the button on the trip computer so they must have gone looking for it.

Alex_225":50dnbj4w said:
Second time!!! Blimey how pants is that.

I assume Renault do recognise this as a fault as there was no reason to check them on Tia's car whilst it was in. The fault was with the button on the trip computer so they must have gone looking for it.
yeah the dealer I went to sent pics to ruk before they changed them

had a quick look appears mines are going aswell but was hard to see without taking wheel off

Dabbot":27y0n6tm said:
had a quick look appears mines are going aswell but was hard to see without taking wheel off
just turn your wheels and stick your head under unless your big headed of course. If you can't get under reach around and you'll feel if they've started to split or if it's bad will have a nice greasy hand

Another one here. 2 years, 25k.

My first service was done under arnold shark on the 12.5k mark. However, they are known for using OE spec items in the service to save on costs?

Am I right in saying that as long as the vehicle is serviced on time and with OE spec items, the warranty is still covered?

bagseye":3vaibii5 said:
Another one here. 2 years, 25k.

My first service was done under arnold shark on the 12.5k mark. However, they are known for using OE spec items in the service to save on costs?

Am I right in saying that as long as the vehicle is serviced on time and with OE spec items, the warranty is still covered?
your waranty would be safe, so long as its been serviced by a recognised garage. Failure of non genuine parts wouldn't be covered, but that would only apply to that part and anything which may have been directly affected by said part being sub standard.