Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get a supplier for the lower suspension joint only £48 each. Will try to get pics as soon as they're here.

On page 16, there's some pictures of the ball joint with a set of calipers for various measurements to confirm you have found the holy grail :)

You mean try the ones that someone else has found lol

Rediculous that it's cheaper to go elsewhere (including getting the tracking done) than it is from a Renault garage including renault gesture of goodwill

maggi112":1os2hao0 said:
You mean try the ones that someone else has found lol

Rediculous that it's cheaper to go elsewhere (including getting the tracking done) than it is from a Renault garage including renault gesture of goodwill

No I mean you wanted it back cuz you said you can then look for replacement parts easier cuz you can measure them as they aren't on the car

guys,
apologies if this has already been covered!
has anyone found a suitable replacement rubber for these lower ball joints? I think the joints are ok (cars just out of warranty @ 10k miles) but rubbers are badly torn. was looking on the net there's now a vast selection of replacements.

parked on a curb and looked at mine today

2013-11-20-161657.jpg

2013-11-20-161850.jpg

If they are torn like that though does it mean they will change them under warranty? Or can they fob you have and say the joints are fine? Serious question as I was just wondering

My Twingo is 1 month out of warranty and I got them to replace it under warranty but I'll probably have to pay for the job.

Does anyone have any tips how to protect the bushings so I wont have to replace every 2 years? And are there any aftermarket lower arm assemblys?

Hrabroslav":2560l2h7 said:
My Twingo is 1 month out of warranty and I got them to replace it under warranty but I'll probably have to pay for the job.

Does anyone have any tips how to protect the bushings so I wont have to replace every 2 years? And are there any aftermarket lower arm assemblys?
Unless Ady has managed to get replacement ball joints that are correct (and not bolt on ones incorrectly listed) I still think the original arms are the only repair solution avaliable for a worn joint. There's still a Citroen joint to check, which I mentioned a couple of pages back.

If the rubber is just starting to crack, the rubber boot could be changed out with replacements which are available in loads of different sizes so one must fit.

To protect the joint from the heat and brake dust, there's a shield available which has been mentioned previously.

Is this the heat shield you are talking about?

screenshot-7.png

With part numbers

77 11 162 881 - Left Shield
77 11 162 882 - Right Shield
77 11 126 686 - Washer
77 11 129 246 - Bolt