Testing the Waters - Harness Bar

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am shortly making a harness bar for my car now that I FINALLY have my harnesses.

The material lengths are cheaper in longer lengths so I may buy enough to make 2 full bars.

Built out of 40mm x 2mm Walled Steel Tube with Steel inserted and welded end caps with large bolts at either end (will post pics of mine once built).

It locks into the original bench seat mounting point (removal of back seats) and is for use with wrap around harnesses.

Mine will be test fitted to finalise the size needed and my design will be finalised.

Would anyone be interested in buying the Second bar at a reasonable cost?
(Cost to be confirmed but NOTHING like the £100 someone charged for theirs ;) :lol: ) - potentially powdercoated but price WILL be higher.

Cheers,
Matt

There are no regulations on normal track days for things like this so yes, but it won't be FIA approved obviously.

I bolted my harnesses to the floor but this meant the angle was slightly below minimum. A harness bar as suggested in this location should be the perfect location and will look a lot neater too.

Good luck!

Once I get a chance, possibly tomorrow, I will try to post my 3D Rendering of the design to give you an indication of the finished product :)

With regards to securing bolts, the dimensions of the bolts (again, will check with design) will hopefully put your minds to rest.

I should explain here.

My Girlfriend's Dad is high up in a very large closure/P.E.T company and he will be getting one of his engineers to machine/weld it so I may be pushing it with 2 being made - might need a couple of bob to keep it sweet as it stands.

However, once I have the 2 made and finalised (and the other owner happy with the design) I will be more than happy to make the drawings/specs availiable to people F.O.C :)

Maybe now is time for a shameless plug to mention I still have a pair of OMP subframes for the Twingo in my garage. Would go perfectly with this... ;)

Post the CAD drawing and if I like it you can count me in for the second one as I've been searching for one for ages.

Though actually I would gladly prefer a half rollcage :D

I manage the sales/estimating/R&D design/detail depts of a steel fabrication company.

I'd happily put a price to any work anyone would like.
We have daily hot dip galvanising runs and custom powdercoaters 1/2mile away who we use week in week out.

Sorry for the wait gents.

Here is a decent view of what you can expect.
As discussed earlier, I shall finalise dimensions and release the drawings once I (and another lucky customer) are happy with it.

For an idea of size for the Bolt, the tubing is 40mm...

EDIT - WHY THE F*CK ARE PDFs AND TXT FILES NOT A-F*CKING-LLOWED.

SOMEONE, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT F*CKING FILE FORMATS YOU CAN ATTACH.....STREWTH!

HarnessBarAssemblyNonAnnotated.jpg

Not happy with it as it goes straight between the pillars of the car, meaning it won't fit in mine... My buckets are moved very far backwards as I have long legs, so the top goes very close to where this bar would be.
The only setup that could work in my car is to have that bar moved backwards with one plate at each end to fix it to the holes where you intend to fix it directly now, and then two bars going down on the sides to fix at the lower seatbelt mount for rigidity.

Basically this :

0201tur_05zoom+Subaru_WRX+Interior_Rear_Seats.jpg