Testing the Waters - Harness Bar

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Response from Custom Cages:

2 x 1.5m Lengths OD40mm x 2mm CDS @ £10/M = £30
Delivery = £12
Sub Total = £42
Total including Vat = £50.40

That's for the pair though I shall ask if they do shorter lengths but we're looking at:

Bar - Roughly £25 ish (could only be less)
End Caps - £5
Fittings - Free (have a good RS Components supply)
Finish - Powdercoat at extra cost (TBC) or shipped unfinished for customer's preference.
Postage - Varies.

So, Total Cost (Unfinished) would be around £40 - extra £10 for the machinist.

I will reply again once I have double checked the bar measurement to see what size it would be with the design ammendment.

scott133":3cptkau8 said:
madmatt":3cptkau8 said:
I shall use Scotty with my bar, just to check there isn't too much variance between cars.

Is this you asking permission?

Ello Scotty.
Check your facebook mate, sorry I didn't punt it to you earlier :oops:

yotah1":3cptkau8 said:
Given the price, you can count me in for the second prototype mate :)

Won't you get buggered for having a non TUV part?
You are more than welcome to it, obviously shipping costs will have to be looked into.

Having re-assessed the amended design, with swearing PROFUSELY at Autodesk, the tubular length of the bar is JUST under 1 meter.

That is allowing for 5mm total void space when the nuts are tightened - void space can be adjusted with washers if necessary.

I have re-emailed Custom Cages to get a re-issued quote and shall speak to the machinist's gaffer tomorrow evening, with the drawings, to make sure he is still ok to do at least 2 :)

RIGHTO!
I have finalised the design!

The adjusted length of the tube is JUST below 1m - Total cost for the 2 lengths of 1m delivered is £38.40, so just rounded to £20 each.

SO - Total Bar Cost is *drumroll*
£35 + Postage + Finish

I shall speak to the gaffer tonight with the design and then - once I have a certain buyer that can come up with the payment - I shall get mine made, test fitted, adjusted (if neccesary) and the 2nd made up :)

Matt, I know if you're going for some harness belts.. you gotta go with this:

Takata-Fitting-SHR34-35.jpg

Madmatt, I'll measure inside my car to see if the space between to mounting points varies a lot from one to another, and I'll send you a PM for payment.

MovingShadow":2u3ln4yk said:

Actually....I beat him to it ;)

I was hoping to keep it a bit secretive but I treated myself at the Autosport International show in Mid January, after speaking to Takata. I went and bought them at Demon Tweeks at Show Price ;)

yotah1":2u3ln4yk said:
Madmatt, I'll measure inside my car to see if the space between to mounting points varies a lot from one to another, and I'll send you a PM for payment.

Cheers buddy.
If you measure from the face of one latch plate closed to the other, that's the only measurement I need :)

madmatt":39rikml7 said:
MovingShadow":39rikml7 said:

I was hoping to keep it a bit secretive but I treated myself at the Autosport International show in Mid January, after speaking to Takata. I went and bought them at Demon Tweeks at Show Price ;)

Ah sweet!

I really like these harness belts but I'm not sure they're allowed in Belgium => TüV :?

You mess with your seatbelts, results in an insta MOT fail.

Can't you just add them and keep the original seatbelts at the same time in Belgium? That's what I'm going to be doing

JE_GT":3s9k5197 said:
Can't you just add them and keep the original seatbelts at the same time in Belgium? That's what I'm going to be doing
Perhaps but I have no clue how to make harness belts fit in the Wind.

I know behind the seats there's this 'carpet' fake wall. With a metal bar going behind the seats (I think), but I've never unswrewed the carpet so I'm not a 100% sure how it looks.

I'll found out soon though when we're going to install the upgraded ICE because the entire floor carpet needs to come out.

Im halfway to getting mine fitted lol, taken everything apart and bypassed the airbag wiring, just need to pop the new seat and frame in and mount the seatbelt receiver etc.

yotah1":pemq4qim said:

madmatt":pemq4qim said:
Cheers buddy.
If you measure from the face of one latch plate closed to the other, that's the only measurement I need :)

Just a follow up guys and gals, I want this sorted this month :D

So.......

Who wants to measure "from the face of one latch plate closed to the other" and punt me a PM for payment details first?? Hmmmmmm?

MovingShadow":sxtg9win said:
madmatt":sxtg9win said:
MovingShadow":sxtg9win said:

Ah sweet!

I really like these harness belts but I'm not sure they're allowed in Belgium => TüV :?

You mess with your seatbelts, results in an insta MOT fail.

i would love this also but it has to be functional and not just for show but yeah MOT fail for sure .... same as the OMP steering wheel i wanted ...