V6 airbox setup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 197 sees gains of around 7BHP/5lbFt using the Ph.2 Clio V6 Airbox, which is the same setup as used on Cup race cars. Battery relocation is essential when doing this as otherwise the Airbox just will not fit in the bay. I'm using this Airbox with a K-Tec Panel inside it and flowing into an enlarged 63mm TB and the difference is night and day over standard.

If this Airbox will physically fit in the Twingo bay then it's well worth a try, I didn't think it'd make as much of a difference as it has.

I'm using an Odyssey PC680 dry-cell and it's more than juicy enough for the F4R and the exact same dimensions as the Red Top 25 but it's about £45 cheaper.

Twingo R2 box is even better
(but more expensive)

do you have a reference for a 63mm TB that fit the twingo?

Depending on what size the standard Twingo TB is, it will be able to be bored out quite a bit I imagine. The standard 197 TB is 60mm and the maximum safe size you can take a 197 TB to is 64mm but I find that the 63mm performs better overall than the 64mm. The main gains are felt in the lower rev range but it feels stronger right up to the limiter.

Does the Twingo use the same standard TB as the 172/182/197/200?

I ran a group buy over on 197.net to have the TBs enlarged.

I think it's 60mm for the twingo (electrical)

didn't know the reference
I look for it

Yea twingo tb is same I've got my old clio 64mm one on but must admit Its better in higher rev range but feels laggy in lower I think 63mm or 62mm will be better!

Willis if you find a v6 one your shape let me know haha

benmc":1uppioow said:
Willis if you find a v6 one your shape let me know haha

Have a word with MDking over on 197.net, he's got one ready to go for a very good price. ;)

Yesterday i worked out that an Odyssey 625 will fit in the battery tray, with an oil catch tank allong side it. Now to work out exactly how to do it :)

if you leave the odissey in bay engine it's really easy

personnaly i put it under the seat it's more complicated

maggi112":2314yg0h said:
:lol: makes no sense but hey... What does Neil know ;)

Why make more work for the sake of it?

In terms of the battery, to clear space for Airbox or to improve weight distribution but an Oddessy battery's hardly a heavy weight :p

I'm thinking of a move to a lighter/smaller battery to improve my placement of my catch can and try to free up some weight.
But not an issue of airbox as I'm going back to the OE, with a wee bit of modding.

Neil's Mod for the Vee Box looks good :)

How much IS the R2 Airbox??

It's probably easier running a 10mm cable and relocating the battery to under the seat as securing the battery would probably be simpler under the seat and making up the fuseholder connection to the top of the battery has proved to be a bit of a pain so far.

i remove the big fuse from the fuseholder and put it dirrectly on the battery

i keep the fuseholder and the other smaller fuse in the engine bay

(see picture on my Projects/Progress Threads)

Pictures from the R2 airbox

Bild0252.jpg

Bild0256.jpg

Martin_Fry":1n83u7co said:
Pictures from the R2 airbox

Bild0252.jpg

Bild0256.jpg

That's the same as the Clio V6 Airbox by the looks of it. As per the Clio Cup race cars like I was on about above...