Vibratechnics dogbone...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmc

Reaction score
Alright people
Just thought I'd let you know I've been in touch with a guy called Phil from vibratechnics about the problem with dog bone mount always wearing bad , he's asked me to send a worn one over to him and there going to see what they an do either new bush or whole new mount.. So I'm sending my worn one out tomorrow, ill keep you all updated and see if we can sort some group buy maybe at a later date when we know what's happening fully

Ben

THAT VERRY GOOD NEWS !

because on their website they say "on developpement"

so apparently they were developping nothing ^^

but clio 2 top mount are same a twingo just miss this ******* dog bone !
thx to make things move !

mazmaz":14bj1vv3 said:
THAT VERRY GOOD NEWS !

but clio 2 top mount are same a twingo just miss this f*****g dog bone !
No, the gearbox mount was being re-developed as the mountings changed around 2008 so their original design didn't fit.

The dogbone (lower engine/gearbox mount) would be a new project

Yea your right there single the other mouth was the one that is above the gearbox try had to re jig but ill keep everyone updated !

singlespeed":2cur1bzc said:
mazmaz":2cur1bzc said:
THAT VERRY GOOD NEWS !

but clio 2 top mount are same a twingo just miss this f*****g dog bone !
No, the gearbox mount was being re-developed as the mountings changed around 2008 so their original design didn't fit. The re- worked one now fits without any cutting needed :)

The dogbone (lower engine/gearbox mount) would be a new project

mhh so why ktec and some website sell the mount and say compatible with twingo?
https://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4026&catid=&appid=18&pic=2

on vibratechnics they sell nothing for twingo oO
https://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/renault/twingo/574//left_hand_engine_mount

Vibratechnics have the engine mount to fit the twingo (same as 172 I think) but ktec also noticed the upper gear box mount is also very simar to the 172 ones so they started selling these as a mount but they don't fit bang on and need adapting (this is what vibratechnics are creating at the moment one that fits proply) I've been in talks about the lower gearbox dogbone mount ( the one you have created your own bush for) so we have a professionally made bit of kit

Quick update they rang today said the mount has arrived and also could I email a pic over of it on the car , I've done this and they said by end of the week they will know what route there taking :)

Okay people update !!!

Vibra technics are needing some one to test fit the new upgraded mount!! Need to be in the Northamptonshire / Leicestershire area unfortunately I'm not close enough to go they said will only take an hour and off all good they will be able to keep the product!!

If your Intrested reply to thread and pm me!

Slippyfist is going in to vibratechnics on Monday I think it is to get a fitment test and everything should be all go:)

Maz maz your getting confused I'm on about this mount

egujyguq.jpg

I'm not confused I spealk about all mount

so i wait also for the gear box mount ;)

Okay so phil from vibra technics has sent me photos of the install over and tbh the new product looks great!

ejudy4er.jpg

zy5y2ery.jpg

yhupuben.jpg

aqa6ygen.jpg

gy3u7e6y.jpg

uve4unug.jpg

hu8any6y.jpg

y4u7eder.jpg

agepy7ys.jpg

y7e2e7aj.jpg

7yjavaqa.jpg

Looks great!!

Might be a stupid question, but is this only for UK vehicles or can it be fitted to right hand as well as left hand side cars?

I guess it would fit both bud I think mounts would be exactly the same for engine....

And ad the standard ones wear and tear all the time these wont bud slightly stiffer too than the Renault one