Vibratechnics dogbone...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu just realised what part your on about when I first bought my teingo on the way home this fucked up but Renault paid and wasn't even a quarter of that price!! And like above since the mount everything is fine!:)

Ben the quote for just the gearbox work is £1598.61 . But it's been at the stealers since the dash binical broke as well & that cost £678 !!! RUK are paying 90% towards both so I've got to pay £225 in total..
Like I said I don't think the updated dog bone was anything to do with it.. But I'm selling my updated one as I'm trading the car in when I get it back so no longer needed..

If the rest of the gearbox and diff is ok, £1600 for some bearings and shims :shock: Someone is having a laugh

If your only paying 10%, I suspect that RUK aren't of the same opinion about the dogbone causing the failure... If, there was actualy anything failed

The £1600 includes diagnostic , box off for inspection + what ever parts needed the box refitted .. It's a Renault so they must be fleecing RUK. & RUK didnt know about the updated mount..
I'm still waiting to get the car back so I will see how much of the £1600 is labour. As I bet it's about a grand!!!

All,

has anyone had any long term experience of these? ive read this thread and both testers had a diff failure has anyone else had problems? im thinking of getting one as my standard mount seems to be allowing excessive movement in the engine.

Cheers

Mat

No I think I read it differently.

One of the testers had a broken diff. And that could easily be a pre existing issue only noticed after. Iirc the same member went OTT with their dash not working, which I've seen elsewhere being a loose earth. So perhaps a little dramatic

Not the Vibratechnic dogbone, but mine has a standard dogbone with a replacement solid bush without any extra gearbox faults* . So, all three engine mounts are now solid, since finally adding the (post 2008) vibratechnic gearbox mount.

*mines been intermitently sticky long before the upgraded bushes

okay gents thanks for the clarifications! when fitting do you need to support the engine or is it just a unbolt bolt job?

Mat

lemat1":1n2ihh1k said:
okay gents thanks for the clarifications! when fitting do you need to support the engine or is it just a unbolt bolt job?

Mat

For the dogbone, you don't need to support the engine, as its hanging off the upper engine mount and gearbox mount. Undertray and a couple of bolts :cool:

If you do the upper mounts then you will need to support the engine as you replace them. Also, being much stiffer than standard they need to be fitted without any stress on them by loosely bolting them in and allowing them to settle into position before tightening up the bolts. Fitting them with side loads will be compressing the rubber (which is already stiff) which will make the increased vibration much worse than it should/could be