What car will you be buying next?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its only got a full supersprint system and a 16v convertion. indigo blue aswell my mission is to get it and track it lol

oscar":23u9rjky said:
i have been looking at MY02 subaru forester's recently as a 'get stuff done' sort of car for transporting bits and bobs around and for going back and forth through the highlands in winter but i'm struggling to convince myself that it's worthwhile to have a car that i'd only use occasionally and at the peak of winter
^^ 15s and a set of decent winter tyres (snowflake/mountain marked, not just M+S) would make a big difference to the summer biassed 17s your currently running. I had a set of conti winter contact tyres fitted £312 all in and there loads more confidence inspiring than the AD08 now the temperature has dropped and the roads are greasy. Sure it wont make it a 4x4 for ploughing through feet of snow but a 4x4 is still only as good as its tyres.

I can think of plenty of nice cars but can't imagine buying any of them!

dont they say the devil makes work for idle hands :twisted:

It looks like theres the possibility of motor controller mods for a Twizy :cool: :lol:
185/60/13 Yokohama A048R would be a usable size replacement tyre on wider rims and wider mud guards

singlespeed":1e96mzcz said:
dont they say the devil makes work for idle hands :twisted:

It looks like theres the possibility of motor controller mods for a Twizy :cool: :lol:
185/60/13 Yokohama A048R would be a usable size replacement tyre on wider rims and wider mud guards

Neil can you just buy a twizy and R1 engine it please?

I'm sure you could sacrifice 1 twingo or the westy if you still have it ;)

funky_d":3gidn35r said:
LC":3gidn35r said:
Are you thinking of another twingo? Something faster? another renault or something totally different?

Myself I'd love to be able to afford a seat ibiza cupra 1.4 TSI 180

gy8esu8a.jpg

umygaquj.jpg

Or maybe an RX8 and a run about car.

It's funny you say that, I have a new Ibiza Cupra on order as we speak in red.

2 and a half weeks to go.... (Not that I'm counting or anything)

Aaaannnddd here it is!

waitey":1o1g2h32 said:
Been looking at civic type Rs mainly a premier edition EP3, quite soon too hopefully if things go well my twingo goes to standard immediately after FCS and I just part ex it as I'm going Germany in May possibly with my twingo and again in August and November next year so want something bigger and abit more powerful.

Get one. :cool:
I had a '05 plate with 40k on the clock when I bought it, and kept it 4 years before replacing it with the Twingo.
I was kicking myself selling it but I needed something newer and more economical as I'd now be using it as a daily driver to work and back.

Twingo got the boot after 10 months and 10 trips to Renault. Loved the engine note and handling, but got bored with the niggly problems, even though they got sorted under warranty, well, after two or three tries, bloody crap dealers.

Needless to say I'm now back in another Honda. :)

What next for me?
Another Honda in a couple of years, or in the meantime a Cayman S as a weekend car.

Vw polo 1.8t is on cards for me next! Or my brothers seat Ibiza 52 plate! 350 bhp but might be abit to much power straight away haha

Test drove a 2009 civic se 1.8 petrol (5 door) today.
No intention of getting that model just wanted to see if it was worth the drive to view a 2008 civic type s 1.8 (3door) next week. I was very impressed with the car and in type s form I can really see myself owning one. Performance wise it is about the same as the twingo rs although it obviously won't handle as well

markhardy":1qehll47 said:
No intention of getting that model just wanted to see if it was worth the drive to view a 2008 civic type s 1.8 (3door) next week. I was very impressed with the car and in type s form I can really see myself owning one. Performance wise it is about the same as the twingo rs although it obviously won't handle as well

I have a mate with a Champ White edition Type R one of these and whilst it's a nice car and pretty quick, it just can't grow on me, I think they have quite an awkward shape about them (if that makes sense). I'm sure they're decent cars to drive but they just look a bit odd to me still.

funky_d":2pe7b5p4 said:
markhardy":2pe7b5p4 said:

I have a mate with a Champ White edition Type R one of these and whilst it's a nice car and pretty quick, it just can't grow on me, I think they have quite an awkward shape about them (if that makes sense). I'm sure they're decent cars to drive but they just look a bit odd to me still.

Agreed! I much prefer the older ep3 shape

markhardy":2rnet9ju said:
Not interested in the 2.2 smog monster? They do really well with a remap

weebob":2ysuil4a said:
markhardy":2ysuil4a said:

For the mileage I do there's no point in a diesel although the 2.2 does seem like the best model (apart from clutches)

weebob":19n3flr8 said:
markhardy":19n3flr8 said:

Mate had a 2.2cdti civic and mapped it, that thing shifted well, think it put 180bhp and something like 340lbs/ft, could smell clutch when he floored it in first though lol, then he sold it and ended up with a 350Z :lol:

waitey":24h5uo70 said:
weebob":24h5uo70 said:
markhardy":24h5uo70 said:

Mate had a 2.2cdti civic and mapped it, that thing shifted well, think it put 180bhp and something like 340lbs/ft, could smell clutch when he floored it in first though lol, then he sold it and ended up with a 350Z :lol:

Tis worse on the petrols

ebysetan.jpg