Whats your occupation

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matty_doh":2ctic4p1 said:
I make electrical looms for Eurofighter Typhoons at the moment. Expecting to change shortly to something else aircraft related, as I'm a lowly apprentice that gets shifted about on placements every 4 months.

Matty, if you get shifted to Aerospace at Warton near Preston, give me a shout - it's only about 10 minutes from me and we could meet up for a beer if you like...

i work for a computer company, involved in training and development

well I'm rather pleased as I have recently been told I'll be going permanent at my current job.

Having been at my old firm for 5 years with all that job security, I was somewhat wary of taking on a 6 month contract but couldn't turn down the money, hours etc.

Well as of the end of this month I'll be on a permanent contract so will have that security back, plus I'll be going onto an on-call rota which gives me a rise. Which is nice haha.

Only thing is once I've signed my contract I'll be on a 3 month notice period!!! :shock: :shock:

IT sysadmin for a kinda small, local company (~60 employees). been here 3 years now and recently got a junior sysadmin to assist me :)

this subject reminds me. i have to track down the driving instructor in Swansea using a 133 as a dual control car. lol

Currently searching for employment as per my other thread. (why oh why oh why do recruiters still want CV's in Word doc format?! We don't live in 1995 anymore!!!!)

Been invited to contribute to a parliamentary select committee proposal and been approached for a corporate logistics role in a multinational firm. Fingers crossed both lead to something.

degree in Games Design, can do 3D work, anaimation, level design, concept art, aweful aweful photoshop stuff and basic visual basics (that no one uses anymore lol)

steve, i real the first 8 words and got sooo confused. lol, but good luck

orbital":1u063km3 said:
degree in Games Design, can do 3D work, anaimation, level design, concept art, aweful aweful photoshop stuff and basic visual basics (that no one uses anymore lol)

Have you got a link to your showreel bud? Was thinking we could maybe help one another out at some point?

Lol - sounds more glamourous than it actually is. Basically contributing to a parliamentary debate, nice to know I may be affecting future laws though. Other one is purely commercial.

I image the money's in the commercial side ;)

Not all about the money. I'd rather get paid less and do something I find interesting and challenging than a tedious and monotonous job. But if you get a job that is interesting and challenging and pays... Bonus :)

Steve-o":3sgyoi0f said:
Not all about the money. I'd rather get paid less and do something I find interesting and challenging than a tedious and monotonous job. But if you get a job that is interesting and challenging and pays... Bonus :)

True and totally agree, hence my decision to pursue what I love rather than what pays now. I was going on the assumption politics is boring for most people, which is massively ignorant and wrong :oops:

i have to get a website and upload them. spent the last month re-rendering scenes, works i did from uni a while. takes about a day to render a 10min video at the moment. Some places i sent of an old reel wanted it to last about 2 mins, to include level designs i did with Unreal/Crysis, animation vids, 3d model stills and concept art. had to get a make to make it in a good movie maker app, which leads me to finding one soon for when my stuff is complete i can mix them well together instead of using a basic windows slide which just looks like a child put it together.
any help ya need give me a shout. im unless at doing drawing stuff/photo work in photoshop but can UV wrap object well :)

orbital":3lzy06t0 said:
i have to get a website and upload them. spent the last month re-rendering scenes, works i did from uni a while. takes about a day to render a 10min video at the moment. Some places i sent of an old reel wanted it to last about 2 mins, to include level designs i did with Unreal/Crysis, animation vids, 3d model stills and concept art. had to get a make to make it in a good movie maker app, which leads me to finding one soon for when my stuff is complete i can mix them well together instead of using a basic windows slide which just looks like a child put it together.
any help ya need give me a shout. im unless at doing drawing stuff/photo work in photoshop but can UV wrap object well :)

Well that's what I was thinking - if you need a showreel edited together with music etc once you have your "footage" I'd be more than happy to do it. I have all the hardware/software at my "studio" for all editing, post, colour work and also outlay software for distribution to web, DVD - or whatever you need in practically any format.

PS: I know all too well about rendering time. Unless you have a £25k specced Mac then everything practically needs rendering before distribution.

PPS: If you need help with a 'site I can also assist with that.

sweet. that would be cool. will give you a shout when hopefully i've got my stuff ready for a reel.

currently got two 250 quid gpus rendering, but nothing compared to a workstation card which is double the price :(