Wind GT (Stage 2+) | New Wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received an update from Sean via text:

"Hi matteo, Sean from ktec here. I have managed to reprogram your ecu but it is not latching the immobilized code. I am taking it to Renault Southampton tomorrow as it will start and drive but cannot restart as it loses the key code! I will keep you posted!"

So the story continues..

it seems very strange that they're going so far out of their way to fix an accident that wasn't their fault which they happened to notice whilst attempting to programme your ECU. hopefully you get your car back soon, but i am in no way insinuating that ktec are at fault! getting a little bit impatient now and that's on my side just wanting to hear updates i can only imagine how politely impatient you are right now lol. but good things come to those who wait, or so a TV advert once told me lol

missing your car? will be awesome when you get it back :)

Strangely, I'm starting to think they did something wrong when they wanted to remap it.
The effort and time they have spent on it trying to fix makes me almost think they're doing it out of guilt.

I called last week to be sure and they confirmed that all extra ECU work is covered by them.

MovingShadow":24hjg3wj said:
Strangely, I'm starting to think they did something wrong when they wanted to remap it.
The effort and time they have spent on it trying to fix makes me almost think they're doing it out of guilt.

I called last week to be sure and they confirmed that all extra ECU work is covered by them.

okay man :) the guy you messaged on cliosport replied saying the wheels were already sold by the way, bearer of more bad news lol

i would be so annoyed with them 3 and a half weeks and they cant get a get a ecu to work. im not going to slate ktec but i would be concerned that they may of fucked up some how

Sucks it hasn't been sorted yet, just a thought but once it's sorted you can just pick the car up on the way to fcs ;)

Is your wind still there? I saw one down there whilst mine was at KTec for 3 days. The roof was up though :)
Ahh thinking it was yours double checking the pics of your white wheels. From what I could see from the outside your seats look amazing :)

There's always risks involved in modifying and tuning cars, at least they're fixing it which is more than can be said than if you botch it up at home with an eBay remap, this is new territory for a wind / 1.2 TCE

"With great power comes great unreliability"

I'm not that 'fuming mad' though. I'll discuss my patience with Ktec when they present the paycheck ;-)

Your car is up and running and is currently at Renault just having some code programmed into the ecu.

However we have found a couple of issues. Two of the injectors you have supplied are faulty and were causing a misfire and upon driving the car we have found that under full load your new clutch is slipping.

Can you please let me know what you would like us to do about this as obviously we cannot put more power through the engine as the clutch would not handle it.
What do I do?

Do I need to ask them to replace the injectors? I also wonder how much power it is at that it's causing a Stage 2 clutch to slip. o_O

matteo did they fit the clutch release bearing in the end that you had problems with? i can't see why this would slip mate. it's rated to around 160 bhp and around 200-230 nm of torque! there is absolutely no way in hell that the clutch itself could be slipping. what injectors did you supply man? get on my account on cliosport get some injectors and have them sent directly to ktec :)

tbh when you change the clutch the should run it it for 500 odd miles before even hitting the dyno my bet is the have put a nice glaze on it for you and thats why its slipping

It does mention running in.
The stage 2 features a carbon Kevlar, high performance pressure plate which offers a smooth engagement and a extended life span. The stage 2 offers up to an 30% increase torque capacity over your stock clutch, it can most minor and intermediate performance upgrades and will give you the feel and performance that you desire.

A 500 mile break in is required with this clutch.

clutches are basically the same idea as a brake pad and caliper in the sense that the clutch is clamped onto a metal disc, the flywheel. the same materials used in oem pads is used in oem clutches. a kevlar clutch compared to an oem clutch, is the same as the difference between a normal brake pad and a ceramic pad. it requires a longer breaking in period. i'm surprised that ktec didn't know this from the offset lol. sometimes experts can have a bad day, or a bad month i think it is now? hope this one doesn't leak out to cliosport!

MovingShadow":1l6apqqs said:
I'm going to call them on Monday. Easier by phone than going back and forward with emails.
Did you supply the fitting instructions to Ktec for the clutch, if not then I think you could have a problem, if your clutch supplier did not included any fitting instructions in the box then you could go back to him for a refund or replacment.

If you did supply the fitting instructions and Ktec did not follow the instructions then they are liable and they will have to replace it.

Best get your facts together first then approach which ever fits the above.

Rob

MovingShadow":3b9dstwj said:
Being Ktec, I think it's not the first time they fit a clutch to a car.
A Kevlar clutch into a Twingo - I thought your's was the first and therefore and instructions should be followed - or do you want to pay for a new clutch and the fitting of it.