Wind GT (Stage 2+) | New Wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MovingShadow":gsh7qu8o said:
It's 01h30 in the morning and we're getting ready to leave and take the ferry!
Should arrive around 9 in the morning at Ktec.

dont forget your parts :p and Girlfriend ofcourse :D have a nice trip

Car has been dropped of at Ktec & holy bam batman. They gave me a car with a steering wheel at the wrong side. That is so weird to drive!

Steering wheel is on the correct side, you are on British roads! :D

Where you planning on going?

MovingShadow":29zjk48c said:
They gave me a car with a steering wheel at the wrong side
They had a left hand drive car waiting for you? What nice people they are knowing how your used to being on the wrong side and supplying a car to suit.

In the beginning it's weird but you adjust to it quite quickly though.

Called Ktec and they said everything went fine. Car is getting mapped this afternoon.

MovingShadow":2u2ei66s said:
In the beginning it's weird but you adjust to it quite quickly though.

Called Ktec and they said everything went fine. Car is getting mapped this afternoon.
So the clutch fitted then :cool:

With a slight amount of checking cross compatability, I can see this being popular with the GTs

Bad news. Ktec ran into a problem. Apparently there has gotten some water into my ECU causing them not able to remap it. They had to take the ECU out. So we had to take an extra day in a hotel.

MovingShadow":3r1rck41 said:
Bad news. Ktec ran into a problem. Apparently there has gotten some water into my ECU causing them not able to remap it. They had to take the ECU out. So we had to take an extra day in a hotel.

huh :? so there is water in your ecu but the car ran perfectly fine to england and now there is water in it and it is not remapable :shock: that is a first to hear a story like this ...

GhostZ yeah mate this can happen sometimes, it's down to condensation and making it's way into the ECU connector. it's not like the ECU has actual pools of water in it where michael thorpe is training, but just the slightest hint of water and certain connections inside are done for yet the car may still run fine. i'm sorry to hear that matteo, that's put a massive downer on your trip but good news ; it's repairable if they have the nerve to take it apart and let it dry out. ripping ecu's apart is a very intricate job though so expect the worst and anything else is a bonuse! but still, you did get your clutch installed :D

Sounds strange. Possible, but strange.

The ECU is remapped through the diagnostic socket and theres only two wires from the ECU to the diagnostic socket. The very same two wires that are connecting the ECU to the rest of the CanBus Multiplex Network.

I guess the CanBus was working as you havent mentioned major faults and dash lights being lit, or the revcounter not working.

Yea that's why I found it strange. I haven't have had one problem with the car that would be due to the ECU.

I really hope it's ready by tomorrow or we're screwed.

So a little update.

Ktec proposed 2 options:
A: they finish the car today and tomorrow on our way back to Dover they'll meet us on route with my car.
B: they work on it till it's finished, I take their courtesy car back home to Belgium and they bring my car to Belgium on their costs.

This morning they went out to find a new ECU and a new slave cilinder for the clutch.
Strange thing with the slave cilinder is, the part number is correct, the male/female connection is correct but for some reason it was slightly different. They checked and seems there is a difference on LHD & RHD cars.

now that's what you call customer service Matteo! they seem to be going out on more than a limb there

sam666":3s4wdzas said:
why did my comment get removed ?

Would be because of randomly slating a company with no real knowledge of the new person which can hurt their business and reputation.

Plus they are a trader on our forum and offer a discount to members here so DO NOT ruin this for the other forum members, be lucky the moderators on here are nice and lenient ;) as other forums I'm on would remove your post and give you a temporary ban.

sam666":5br6lc50 said:
why did my comment get removed ?
Was it helpfull? Not really
Was it true? Possibly, although probably not unless you have first hand knowledge and can back it up, starting rumours for a laugh isn't very nice.

What Waitey said ;)

okay i understand why you deleted the post im not slaging ktec off as they did a good job on my car. but they have only mapped a handful of cars since andy left that says something. and i hope that Matteo's car is done up to his standards.