Wind GT (Stage 2+) | New Wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi200":1znqkqi9 said:
I'm sure Neil means usable rather than unable...
Well spotted Mags :lol: auto correct fail :(

Its not like I could say I've just got up. Night shift finished, day shift just beginning :?

singlespeed":3m2p277z said:
MovingShadow":3m2p277z said:
singlespeed":3m2p277z said:
Wheel power Vs engine power.
Now I notice that my first remap is shown the power at the engine and Ktec's is at the wheels..
Making a direct comparison is fairly pointless when your considering RR graphs as there's loads of variables to consider.

However, that said, its a bloody good difference everywhere and a nice smooth curve. Safe to say its going to be noticeable and very usable :cool:
I talked to Kevin (Ghostz) last night about it and he said the exact same as you Neil.

So I talked to David again.

They tested the car on the dyno again last Friday to see if the numbers were correct and they stay about the same.

I had 2 options:

1. Leave the car like this (at a safe amount of bhp).
2. Crank up the boost to increase more horsepower but ofcourse, with a higher risk.

I said to leave it as it is, it's probaly going already to be interesting to drive. Maybe if I ever consider of some cams or whatever I could push for bigger numbers but I don't want to blow anything up on the drive to or from FCS.

Besides, for comparance, there is a guy on a Dutch forum (he is also on here) who got the same amount of horsepower out of his remapped 133 with exhaust and filter @ Henk from Fastchip. Was the strongest 133 he had ever worked on said Henk.. on top of that, I have 40 Nm more torque.

For getting the car back now, they would talk to their driver asap. I told them that if I haven't heard from them anything soon, that on Thursday/Friday I'll be getting the car myself. Ktec said that if I would do that, they would pay for the costs of getting there.

Thats probably a good move, sticking at that output.

The clutch was the weak point, so you would be hoping the next weakest point isnt going to be hugely expensive to upgrade. If reliability, time and most importantly, cash werent issues then you could afford to go mental and wind it up to see what gives up.

MovingShadow":6majh0ei said:
So I talked to David again.

They tested the car on the dyno again last Friday to see if the numbers were correct and they stay about the same.

I had 2 options:

1. Leave the car like this (at a safe amount of bhp).
2. Crank up the boost to increase more horsepower but ofcourse, with a higher risk.

I said to leave it as it is, it's probaly going already to be interesting to drive. Maybe if I ever consider of some cams or whatever I could push for bigger numbers but I don't want to blow anything up on the drive to or from FCS.

Besides, for comparance, there is a guy on a Dutch forum (he is also on here) who got the same amount of horsepower out of his remapped 133 with exhaust and filter @ Henk from Fastchip. Was the strongest 133 he had ever worked on said Henk.. on top of that, I have 40 Nm more torque.

For getting the car back now, they would talk to their driver asap. I told them that if I haven't heard from them anything soon, that on Thursday/Friday I'll be getting the car myself. Ktec said that if I would do that, they would pay for the costs of getting there.

which car and the numbers (HP/torque) ?

still a nice option from Ktec :p

GhostZ":1w5ntd5d said:

That would be my car :) >> Click for progress page <<

"Officially" 119.3 Bhp (121pk) and 153Nm at the wheels, but with high inlet temperatures so there's a little bit more on the street. He wouldn't give me an exact number as to what this is at the flywheel, but considering the dyno on which it was tuned he said this should be around 140-145. He hadn't seen another Twingo go over 115 Bhp.

Forza":3c7um3xd said:
GhostZ":3c7um3xd said:

That would be my car :) >> Click for progress page <<

"Officially" 119.3 Bhp (121pk) and 153Nm at the wheels, but with high inlet temperatures so there's a little bit more on the street. He wouldn't give me an exact number as to what this is at the flywheel, but considering the dyno on which it was tuned he said this should be around 140-145. He hadn't seen another Twingo go over 115 Bhp.
Well good to know it's around 145 as that was my goal with these mods :)

anyone else reading this and it is just going straight over your head? don't worry, i'm completely lost too ....

oscar":3jxi2p29 said:
anyone else reading this and it is just going straight over your head? don't worry, i'm completely lost too ....
Simplified, it should be reasonably quick :p

Go her back since Friday:

ICjonfdl.jpg

So a little first impressions. The exhaust was the first thing I noticed when turning on the ignition.
Feels and sounds a lot more heavier and rumblier. When accelrating harder there are certainly alot more vibrations and sounds I haven't heard before.
Sound of my Forge reciculating dumpvalve is alot louder too.
When driving on the motorway at a steady speed, the exhaust is not too loud.

With the new clutch, the gearchanging is more heavier. The standard GT gearbox is actually quite light but now it feel so much more rewarding when changing gears and it's very smooth in shifting gears.

The cars drives more smoother too and uses less fuel. The biggest thing I feel is the torque increase.
Before it went to Ktec, the best gears were 1ste, 2nd & 3rd. With 4th & 5th it kinda ran out of puff.

Now, it's a whole other story.

that's awesome, glad to see she's finally back with you and that you're happy with the outcome! i know what you mean by the torque. i love it when pulling out onto the motorway, all the way to 60 in third to the power band and then upto 100 in fourth ON THE KNOCKHILL STRAIGHT offcourse lol. the torque pulling you along is ridiculous, keeping in mind that these are barely even a 1.2 litre engine. have you had the opportunity to take any really steep countryside / mountain hills yet? you'll have so much fun. you can sit on a 20% gradient in third or fourth at 25 and the speed will just stay constant, pop it into third and the heavy load on the engine makes it sing.

another happy TCE chap :D that's what i like to see mr vrancken (i totally spelled that wrong again, didn't i?)

I have learned some new things about my car as well today.
This morning I had to be at work at 6 so I was quite early on an empty deserted highway. (yesterday was a holiday in Belgium so alot of people have taken the day of today).

So after a little warm up through town I gave it some beans.
In the past, beyond 4000 rpm it lost it's acceleration, as known for the GT's.
I was happily suprised that at 5-6000 rpm it kept accelerating. I didn't kept going until the shift light came up, I'll have to try that another time :D

So thread revival.
So after looking quite some times at wheels I've finally found some.

They're from a mutual friend of me and Ghostz.
Had a Clio RS that was featured in French Car Magazine.

To make a long story short, he broke it down, sold everything he could. And got a new Clio RS.

I bought his 'old' wheels. 16 inch, 9j ET 35.
With Toyo tyres on them.
Here they're being testfitted.
48665b7fdf89946cd3324e762782c7d5.jpg

The picture doesn't do them justice. And the car was jacked up on the other side.

oh no, stretched tyres on what is basically a renaultsport 'kind of'. gutted to say the least, i don't like stretched tyres on renaultsports but i do like stretched tyres on the right car!

i'm in two minds about this to be fair...i hate you ;)(L)

Well it being a 'Renault Sport' is a whole different discussion.

I do agree that I wasn't too sure on stretched tires either.

But then I let Ghostz (Kevin) drive my car and see how it looks and it was jawdropping.

The tires costs me only 100€ extra. When I'll need new ones I'd probaly go for 45 instead of 40. Little less stretched.

They're not BBS. They're DZ Exclusives with gold center piece and gold bolts.

This is the wheels on the Clio RS
96b1fadb58eb713daab7d135118fdea3.jpg

They probaly won't get on until next year as "Winter is coming" I'm not bothering with putting them on now.

Car has been dropped of at Wheels & Deals to swap the coilovers back to factory set up.
After 4 years it's MOT time..