World premiere of new Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sold, ill be looking to upgrade to an RS when my finance is finished, which one i dont know, but i definaltey wont be choosing one of these.. Just doesnt look fun?

Ide still rather have a meg 230 in LY *droolss*

frediiii":24o2n538 said:
I wonder if they used the juke DSG box as well, as I believe it's rated for 250nm max.
When going to the site of Shiftech (where I remapped my car) and go the Nissan Juke 1.6 Turbo they say they can map that engine to 300 Nm.

BlackTwingo-i":1p8k3ju9 said:
Not sold, ill be looking to upgrade to an RS when my finance is finished, which one i dont know, but i definaltey wont be choosing one of these.. Just doesnt look fun?

Ide still rather have a meg 230 in LY *droolss*

Can buy mine so I can upgrade ;-) haha

You'll want to get rid of your car before the finance is up too... You'll end up paying way too much for the car

Just as long as your past the 'break even' point of when the car value will pay off the settlement!

I'm not sold on that.. Paddle gears!!! More to go wrong & 5 doors?? Wtf.. I'll stick with picking up a nice megane trophy 265.. & still only 200bhp pointless ..

Mr slippyfist":ji5tiavr said:
I'm not sold on that.. Paddle gears!!! More to go wrong & 5 doors?? Wtf.. I'll stick with picking up a nice megane trophy 265.. & still only 200bhp pointless ..

265 is kind of in another category and price range though surely?

Like its been said, much more than 200 horses and your touching on 225 territory, which in Renaults eyes would be more 'pointless'

MovingShadow":38ne26am said:
If they would give it more horsepower it would come within the range of the Megane.

Megane RS 3 (265) can be easly tuned 300+ HP i think the new Clio RS will hit around 220+ HP easily we will all have to wait to see how much power the double clutch system can take ;)

weebob":1212cito said:
Simulated engine noise? Is that because the juke engine sounds shite?

RS' should be something special, for me, this isn't.

renaultsport have confirmed this has been taken out of context, its not like the BMW m5(i think it is?) system where the car makes noise thru the speakers because it doesnt make much engine noise, this is an app "for fun" to make your car sound like an f1 car, however it can be turned off and the car does make a nice noise complete with bangs on gear changes when in RS mode.

Renaultsport have also confirmed it "drives like a renaultsport"

clio 200 chassis but a bit wider, lower and lighter! it should be a riot.

semi auto flappy paddle box though i cant say im excited about!

listen to the bang on downchange at 1:44...
[youtube]89QJDLoRZTI[/youtube]

im starting to think they de-cated that model to "show off" the car in a more violent way to make ppl look at it , but still awesome sound ;) wonder if militek will make a full exhaust system for this :)

It doesn't sound quite right under acceleration, sort of backing up GhostZ's opinion...

But, even if that's not the true exhaust note from the car - it shows what it CAN sound like.

A lot of the Megane owners have removed their backboxes in order to get a nicer exhaust note and pops... I imagine the new Clio would take to this in the same way.

Matt":34lso0lu said:
It doesn't sound quite right under acceleration, sort of backing up GhostZ's opinion...

But, even if that's not the true exhaust note from the car - it shows what it CAN sound like.

A lot of the Megane owners have removed their backboxes in order to get a nicer exhaust note and pops... I imagine the new Clio would take to this in the same way.

i wonder no backbox for the RS hmmmm ;)

GhostZ":ft2bj8ek said:
Matt":ft2bj8ek said:

With no boxes the Twingo pops on pretty much every gearchange, but it's a bit too loud really

GhostZ":30dwhg5u said:
Matt":30dwhg5u said:

That's what I've got if you remember the sound