Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn i have read 36 pages now, but what a amazing twingo do you own.

I come 4 years am ring now, and last may i have seen your car at the ring.
13th of october i go to the ring, you also?

hope to see you there, (and maby i can take a passenger lap to learn more about the track).

greets, Brian

Hopefully I'll be there, but I still have a tire problem on the car, so until this is resolved, I can't go on the track anymore :(

Morning crap:

I still have my rear tire damaged, and this morning when passing a truck on the highway, the guy did not see me and began to veer to the left lane. I shook the rail, and I took the full brunt of a sidewalk! We passed over a bridge, and there's always a bit of concrete above the rest at the foot of the rail, about 10cm high. Taken full left front wheel typed strong, and tonight I must see if the suspension has not been damaged as well.

Conclusion: buying a new rim and two tires, left rear is already damaged from the Ring, now the left front had to be banged up too.

I had finally finished paying stuff for the car, and now that crap happens!! It might very well be the end of the season for me.

267305_4328706729436_932359995_n.jpg

that sucks

can you get something from assurance in this case?

the truck clearly push you
maybe if you drive all time video on -_-

number plate was from Czech Republic, so as there´s been no contact with the truck, I can´t really say anything.

Insurance-wise, It´s going to be a hassle to go through for a rim and a racing tire, they´ll ask to see the car and everything, which means driving hundreds of kilometers to France to see their expert... cheaper to just buy a new wheel.

That sucks. Hopefully it's just the wheel and nothing else

opfullly your tire have a large height flank that can help to absorb the choc

Ouch good thing the car is mainly intact and you also , bent rims are replaceable a bent car not so much ;)

Ouch! I smashed a wheel in my old VXR when what looked like a railway sleeper fell of the back of a lorry.

I bent the suspension strut at the same time though.

I checked it tonight, the tire isn't losing pressure but it's sidewall is damaged, it has inflated a bit, but it might be simply because the rim doesn't hold it anymore so it kinda pushes out.

The front triangle looks ok, no bending and the supports look fine. I'll have a better look at it in the next days.

Hopefully I get the tires and the rim within the next weeks and I can head back to the track.

As everyone says, that realy sucks.

Glad you and the car are mainly good, as it could easily have been much worse. Condidering what you hit, the wheel held up prety good, i wonder how a lesser quality rim would have taken it

Rim curbed, and mine are matt black...

I already ordered a brand new one from Larkspeed, delivery within 5 days :)

Wow, Yotah you've been lucky there! One of the main fears i have of being next to lorries whilst on the Motorway!

Yeah it's also the thing I fear the most, people who don't see the little cars.

Martin, I answered your MP, in english though because my german is so-so ...