Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, other problems on the car... the electronics are going insane! I believe it´s because I have the 15" wheels at the back right now (can´t do other way because I´m still waiting for my new 16" to arrive) and they are a bit smaller than the 16" with the tires, so the ECU sees the speed difference between front and rear axles, and goes to a secure mode where everything is shut down (ESP, ABS, power steering, engine management...).
So I´ll see if the problem keeps happening when the car is back on 16" everywhere, if it does, I put it in the garage and it won´t move for a few months!
I also have to check underneath, have a look at the steering assembly to see if it´s bent or damaged from the accident, but for that I need a lift. Also, the car needs a geometry setup as the front end has definitely moved.

So, as of right now, many things are going wrong, and honestly I´m getting tires of fixing the shitty Renault parts on that car. The only things which can endure a proper trackday driving and any incident on the road are the R2 parts... So if problems persist, car goes to storage as anyway the 911 is coming end of November, and then it will be transported to Renault Adenau next year for a complete overhaul with engine, cage, gearbox, lexan windows, and reinforced everything!

2 years of intensive track have been tougher than expected on the car and it can´t do much more, I get the feeling that the next thing breaking on the car is going to be a wheel hub or sonme like that, while I´m cornering at full speed... don´t want that to happen!

actually I'm surprised it was able to take the abuse for so long without falling apart... and no matter how reinforced your front end will be: after such an impact you would have to have tracking and geometry done again. so don't blame the car. it lasted well. mine fell apart two months after I rolled it out of the showroom. driveshaft loose, leaky cam cover gasket, broken top suspension mount, leaky clutch slave... and all that before it was even near a track...

that being said: did you already find a proper 2nd hand beetle? or did you order one? :)

yotah1":v0uowhn5 said:
Well, other problems on the car... the electronics are going insane! I believe it´s because I have the 15" wheels at the back right now (can´t do other way because I´m still waiting for my new 16" to arrive) and they are a bit smaller than the 16" with the tires, so the ECU sees the speed difference between front and rear axles, and goes to a secure mode where everything is shut down (ESP, ABS, power steering, engine management...).
So I´ll see if the problem keeps happening when the car is back on 16" everywhere, if it does, I put it in the garage and it won´t move for a few months!
I also have to check underneath, have a look at the steering assembly to see if it´s bent or damaged from the accident, but for that I need a lift. Also, the car needs a geometry setup as the front end has definitely moved.

So, as of right now, many things are going wrong, and honestly I´m getting tires of fixing the shitty Renault parts on that car. The only things which can endure a proper trackday driving and any incident on the road are the R2 parts... So if problems persist, car goes to storage as anyway the 911 is coming end of November, and then it will be transported to Renault Adenau next year for a complete overhaul with engine, cage, gearbox, lexan windows, and reinforced everything!

2 years of intensive track have been tougher than expected on the car and it can´t do much more, I get the feeling that the next thing breaking on the car is going to be a wheel hub or sonme like that, while I´m cornering at full speed... don´t want that to happen!
strange

have i'v done this once and the ESP was going crazy on corner but that all

also see a guy with 17" on the back and 16 or 15 on the front (ESP off on track)

frediii, second hand gt3 is getting here soon, but I have to say, one guy offered me to do a test drive of an RS 4.0, and it might make me want one, although that´s definitely another price range (my parents´ house didn´t cost much more than that car!!!!).

Regarding the fact the the car held pretty well, I agree, but still, the falling apart bit is annoying anyway.

isn't like the rs 4.0 the highest BHP porsche ever made , also AWESOME if you could drive it

GhostZ":3e659uh2 said:
isn't like the rs 4.0 the highest BHP porsche ever made , also AWESOME if you could drive it

The 4.0 is nowhere near the most powerful Porsche.

Gt2 RS is the current highest output from Porsche, but the RS 4.0 is the highest output for a normally aspirated road car.

But honestly, buying a "normal" GT3 with full cage, putting better and lighter wheels on it, a nice Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, and a Brombacher 3.9L engine upgrade kit, that gives you the same output as the RS 4.0, without the look so it´s a "kind of sleeper" (can a gt3 really be a sleeper???) and a superb sound, for not even half of the price of the 4.0 :D

So now you know my plans...

yotah1":2mtnewn6 said:
Gt2 RS is the current highest output from Porsche, but the RS 4.0 is the highest output for a normally aspirated road car.

But honestly, buying a "normal" GT3 with full cage, putting better and lighter wheels on it, a nice Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, and a Brombacher 3.9L engine upgrade kit, that gives you the same output as the RS 4.0, without the look so it´s a "kind of sleeper" (can a gt3 really be a sleeper???) and a superb sound, for not even half of the price of the 4.0 :D

So now you know my plans...

dont think you can class a gt3 as a sleeper :p

The Akrapovic saves 19kg I think :)

mazmaz, the RS 4.0 has a proprietary design, with specific front canards, paintjob, and the rest is a simple copy of the standard RS 3.8 (front bumper, fenders, rear bumper, air intake and rear wing).

The GT3 will anyway get the Cup front splitter which is 25mm lower than standard and offer more downforce. If the front end gives too much understeer, I might buy the front canards from Brombacher FVD in Germany, they give quite an increase in downforce, could be welcome.

Coming back to the exhaust, the thing is, it can get very loud, especially with a Sharkwerks bypass in place of the Akrapovic middle silencer, then it goes up to 124 dB at 70% throttle...

is that the exhaust they use on the porsche cup cars?

if it is that thing is proper loud?

cant wait to see the porsche, im a huge porsche fan!!

id love a GT3 RS in white with red wheels and decals!

Daveyb133, usually the Porsche Cup cars, at least in Europe, have M&M exhaust, it´s the official supplier. But FVD has done one for some teams (including Manthey), Akrapovic sponsors some teams too, and you also have from US : SuperSprint, Sharkwerks and I forget others.
I looked at Carnewal also from Belgium, superb sound, super service according to a friend who took his Boxster S there, and not super expensive like Akrapovic for example.

The GT3 will be this year´s Xmas gift :)

Some updates : new front tires received (still Maxsport RB5 F3) / new OZ Ultraleggera received yesterday / everything gets fitted tomorrow morning and the front axle will get a new geometry and fully checked up.

Next trackday should be the last weekend of October at the Ring, weather looks good so far and it´s open for a long time, so I hope I´ll enjoy myself and get some good laps on the car to finish the trackday season with the RS.

On the Porsche side, the deposit is ready, I ´m waiting for some news from my bank and then I must decide which car I buy, which honestly is the hardest part as I´m very specific on the options I want and they are pretty much a combo that no car has !!!
Hopefully, I´ll find one for November.

Exciting times. More twingo trackdays and finding the perfect Porsche. Which are the options which don't seem to appear in combo?

RWB look-a-like bodykit, alcantara interior, performance cup pack..

Think I need to hang out more where you live yotah :p

MS, i told you, no RWB shit for me. Wide cars, slow power... never understood the point of all that Stance thing anyway...

DrDrew : i´m looking for a 997 GT3 with the Clubsport package (half cage, fire extinguisher, carbon seats, driver harness), but ideally I´d like to have the passenger harness fitted too, the seats being in alcantara and leather, which is very rare (usually guys go for the non-leather seats, cheaper), the Sport Chrono package, but also would like to have the sat nav integrated (tired of having to clean my windshield for sat nav swirls...). On top of all that, I want to avoid the red clusters and yellow seatbelts, would love to get the front extra cage, fully red taillamps, and the yellow PCCB calipers but on steel discs.
pretty much an absolutely impossible combination to find...