Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I agree, but as my cage will go all the way to the front shock tops to rigidify everything, it will need to completely cut or remove the elec. And honestly, I intend to track the car as is next year, while getting some parts ready and getting a proper place to work on it, then in winter 2013/2014 I'll start the process of dismantling and cutting and welding, etc.

Nice model Yotah! Got to ask though on the rear shot of the car is the spoiler floating :shock:

Jup, i guess Alias serves the automobile-industry best. We're using 3ds max here for work.
Do you have a normal Twingo RS model which you could export for me (.sat, .obj, .stl or something?)? :)

There are only shitty ones around and I don't have that much spare time here at work. :D

Sorry nope, I did my own model directly so I don't have the base car available, and I'm with you on the shitty models available online for free. I found one which was good but 75$ for it made me do my own :D

Just fantastic yotah! Wish I was able to use that software to that extent, trying to design my ITB's using it ain't my forte haha

Try a proper engineering software for your ITBs, like Solidworks or Pro-Engineer, Alias isn't built for that. It's built for precision for styling surfaces, nothing else, after that we usually use Catia to put the engineering stuff together, but that's a whole new dimension of complexity ...

BlackTwingo-i, if I had done the base car, maybe I would have put it on a website for sale, but it needs a lot more work before that, and it's not worth the time and effort I think... If someone wants the cad, I'll give it away, but as is (without the wheels and brakes though).

We have Catia rooms at my work.. its where baby Toyota's are born :lol:
& several CAD rooms where some crazy Japanese works an entire year on rearlight models on the computer, 24/7.

I'd go crazy.

ahh good old solidworks, spent many hours on that programme :S no wonder i am as blind as a bat with out my glasses :p

Hell, am I lucky!
I just have to make it look good and don't have to care about the measurements at all! :D ;)

I worked with Inventor, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Catia and so on, but 3ds max will be my all-time-favorite when it comes to free-form modelling! :D

Btw: I have a Twingo RS Phase 1 model which is extracted from Forza 3. But as said the polygon count is unfortunately very low because it's only detail level 1 (about 35k for the whole car with wheels).

Ok, back to topic!
That front end design drives me crazy.
Are u planning to built or design your own aerodynamic parts as well?

I'll build everything.

Today is a sad day though, in a way at least...

The Twingo is over, stand by, no more track, no more fun :(
Following my accident at the beginning of the month, I got a new wheel and got the car checked for a complete geometry. The rear axle is a bit sideways, always been like this, but the front left hub is bent, and we can't fix it. It needs a new part, and I don't want to spend more money for just the same thing, especially now that the winter is getting here. So... the car will still be used as a daily for a few more weeks, until i get the 911, hopefully. Then, it will go into endurance parking mode for a few months and will come back to the light only to get a new engine, gearbox, 300hp, wider tracks and a fully welded cage.

So no more track, and I'm quite sad that I won't be able to get a very good laptime out of it now that the setup I wanted is finally complete :( But well, sometimes, you must know when to move on...

Sad to here bud :( ....

You selling any bits :p???

Sorry just had to ask !!

I'll be selling many parts later (wheels, suspensions, engine, gearbox, strut brace, airbox) but only when the car will be at its new home next year.

Nooooo keep a progress thread on the Porsche on here though? You're twingo project was insane, no expense spared and I doubt there will be another like yours anytime soon on here!

As for parts if you have a rear strut brace I'd be interested if it fits the GT.