Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's up to you guys but today was pissing rain non stop, really epic weather, sometimes i was looking where was the track cause you couldn't see more than 100m away!! Top speed today : 90mph, and honestly, that was scary :D

I managed to cover 24 laps in less than 6 hrs of opening, all good fun but stressful driving conditions. Tomorrow doesn't seem to get much better...

I called it off.. as you said. Dangerous weather, it has been raining non-stop + Ghostz had to do 2 night shifts and my gf has to finish her paper before monday so I'm not going 'forever-alone' to the Ring :p

Hopefully next time ;)

Anyway, Sunday cut short for me... 14 laps on a damp track, and then the gearbox linkage snapped in 3... I fixed somehow the problem so i can get home but i'll need a new part. I'll come back maybe next week, up to 285 laps now, i want to break the 300 with the RS :)

If i was there on that day i would have ended in the side walls i guess :D to wet for me , nice footage :D

Love the noise rally tyres make :D
Had Yokohama Gravel tyres on mine for a wee while when I marshalled the Scottish Rally...

Sounds like a Stuka!

well, hum, i know I said i was done with working on the car... but a flocking kit is on its way :)

Hum, also, here is what is left of my gearbox linkage ...

534553_4486537555108_2041920955_n.jpg

That's looking quite mashed.

Which bits are you planing on flocking?

how is that possible that renault still has problems with those rubber mounts/linkages? I remember when I was 13 or 14 years old one of the first things I ever changed on a car was the engine mounts on my mothers R5 GT Turbo... engine mounts and clutch cables. at least once a year... same thing on my own 5s and my clio valver. finally they solved the clutch cable problem with the hydraulic clutch for the twingo. but in almost 4 years ownership I still had to replace the dogbone 3 times and the upper engine mount once...

My engine mounts are ok, gearbox mount ok too, but the egarbox cables do get some hard usage on my car and in 6000km or use on the Ring, I must have changed of gear about 100 times per lap, that´s 30 000 gear changes at full power, doesn´t help :D

is there kind of reinforced gearbox linkage for clio 2cup that could be used in the twingo?

anyway that nice you perform extreme test. It's usefull to know what will die first ^^

Nope, nothing sadly exists as a reinforced linkage, as the Cup cars have sequential boxes, as well as the R2 for example (and now soon the R3!!!). The R1 has a stock gearbox, with the same plastic/rubber linkage end.

Just watched your june vid - think that's the absolute worst place on the whole ring to lose your box! Nearly went off in that exact spot myself once. Quite a blind corner, despite not looking it.