Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some news... just got arrested last Friday for a non-TüV steering wheel. The cop wouldn't just let me go even though the part is from the R2 catalog and it's written in big letter on it Renault Sport. Also he kept saying "your Clio" all the time, ended up pissing me quite a lot as anyway I was getting my 80€ bill for the wheel, so I finished by telling him off saying that "if he spends his day arresting and controling cars, he should better f...ing know what car he stops, it's a Twingo not a freaking Clio!!!"
(That felt very good :D )

Now, the car is at home this week, I have to adjust the setup on the front wheels to get the steering wheel back in line. Since my last geometry, I've adjusted the rear wheels where the left had toe in and the right toe out, so with the camber plates, I've reduced my camber and adjusted my toe-out on the rear right wheel. Now the car is straight, so now the front wheels must be re-aligned as they were setup for before the changes, when my rear end was not straight. Shouldn't take me too long hoepfully.

I've spent 3 days with a Megane steering wheel fitted (good thing to know, Meg 2 RS wheels fit the Twingo), now my R2 steering wheel is going to go back in foe the time being, while I order an ABE approved Sparco wheel (costs another 200€... hurk)

Yesterday morning I've removed all my dashboard from the car, as it is getting a bit of a treat :)
DIY flocking kit arrived Monday morning!

306840_4559120929647_927958649_n.jpg

215873_4559121049650_1976712722_n.jpg

And wrapped the center bit in Carbon 3M dynoc, while its top cover has been flocked.

559069_4558474913497_1175896544_n.jpg

Shame about the cop, but the carbon wrapping and flocking look good :)

First time I wrap something but I have to say, it's just a question of not going too fast, then any shapes are possible :) And the Twingo's center console is certainly not the easiest one.

and how do you go around air vents and that adjust wheel. they go out? my both left hands would be definately beaten in that match :mrgreen:

Heat the vinyl until you can very easily wrap it around the corners, then a good blade to cut the vinyl in the holes and you're fine :)

It's taken a whole to read through all this but have to say you have an awesome car and love the wraps...bit of a bummer about the cops, call me dumb but what's a non - Tüv wheel? And why is it not allowed?

lgonzalez":1zkjvo6t said:
It's taken a whole to read through all this but have to say you have an awesome car and love the wraps...bit of a bummer about the cops, call me dumb but what's a non - Tüv wheel? And why is it not allowed?
Unlike in the UK where you can basically do anything to your car Macgyver style.. on the mainland you need approvals (certificates) that the mods you put on your car are safely, homologated and within the regulations.

If not, then your car can not pass the (what you english call) "MOT". If the police finds out you're driving around like that, they can take away your car or that it's not allowed on the public road anymore until it's 'fixed'.

I actually have this problem with my coilovers. If I go to an 'MOT', my car wouldn't pass it. Even though it fits without issues but because it's, on paper, made for the Twingo RS, there's no TüV certificate for it when it's installed on the Wind.

Silently I'm hoping there is within a year or I'll need to swap to my OEM coils for getting my green card.

The speedo cover is just clipped in, so pull vertically on it and it comes off easily. Both side elements (the airbag cover and the storage thing in front of the driver) have to be pulled quite hardly as they are well clipped in. The airbag cover is easy now that I removed the airbag, but when you still have it in place, you need to unscrew the airbag from inside the glovebox, then pull at the top (the pieces are soft material so you won't break them) and take the whole thing out. On the driver side, you can push on the dash itself, right in front of the steering wheel, where the plastic is not very big, so that helps you slide your fingers under the storage part in plastic and unclip it.

The middle element is bolted in with the speedo element, unbolt the speedo element and un-hook its connections. Then you can unclip the center plastic part which comes off easily (start from the top it's easier). You'll have to unplug the Warning lights button from underneath, two clips and it comes off easily.

For the whole dash, there are screws a bit all over the place, some very well hidden, so if necessary I'll explain it but unless you're sure you want to take it out, I'd rather not go through the hassle :) (I'm lazy today...)

A very nice shot from Dennis last Saturday at the Ring. For those who will ask, I am in the middle of the track and I'm looking to the side because there was an Alfa which had broken down in the grass, and obviously yellow flag.

704082_2590232931089_152765145_o.jpg

Ha just thought you have got to the stage you don't have to look where you go anymore

Nice pic too

3° on the front :) You need what you need lol. But with the new tires, I registered 1.35G in the corners, and 1.5G on the braking zones, not bad at all!

How did you get that sort of camber on the front? I'm after that sort of amount but its for looks rather than function lol

Adjustable camber on the lower fixation points of the coilovers added to the adjustable camber plates on the top.

The Porsche will be track focused too anyway, I don't really think about any car I'd like to have which wouldn't go down the same route :D