Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those aren't 15', think they're 17'.

He had to switch to bigger wheels due to the brake upgrade.

Yotah, you should try this trick:
Put a white blanket over the car so it covers the windows. Take an interior shot and photoshop the blanket away = be amazed of the result ;)

WOW...... I am...... Speechless, just finished reading the entire thread, and WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

Epic twingo, function and form combined, just perfect. And the laps of the ring!!!! absolute max kudos for them, as i went throe the thread i could see you and the car improving. now want to get my twingo and go more than ever.

Im hoping to build a track orientated twingo soon, but have nothing like the funds that you worked hard to get so it will be a much tamer version, but knock hill is a much tamer track than the ring so i guess that works :lol: .

Thanks for the epic thread and some brilliant ideas.

Jonathan

Thank you for liking it, and you're welcome for the thread. There won't be many more upgrades in the near future as in 2013 I might not have much time to track it so it should mostly stay like this for a while.

Yotah you don't want to damage that spoiler in all honesty do you ?? Lets swap :) haha!!

lol benmc, you'd be better off buying the carbon one from Carbonfanatics I think :)

But mine might be off the car in 2013... I've got some ideas ... huh, i won't say more ahahah!!!

Anyway, I measured the noise level of the car today with the iPhone (apparently it's pretty accurate, but I'll measure it again with other apps just to double check). I'll be tracking the car on some other tracks than the Nordschleife this year, and they have noise level limits...
So here are the results so far : 82dB at idle, 98dB à 3500 rpm, and the phone started to give up at 115dB at 6000 rpm ...

yotah1":2jbxj65m said:
lol benmc, you'd be better off buying the carbon one from Carbonfanatics I think :)

But mine might be off the car in 2013... I've got some ideas ... huh, i won't say more ahahah!!!

Anyway, I measured the noise level of the car today with the iPhone (apparently it's pretty accurate, but I'll measure it again with other apps just to double check). I'll be tracking the car on some other tracks than the Nordschleife this year, and they have noise level limits...
So here are the results so far : 82dB at idle, 98dB à 3500 rpm, and the phone started to give up at 115dB at 6000 rpm ...

dont they measure around at 3.5K or 4K rpm mostly ... ? cause if they meausure at 6K man you have to put a potato up the muffler :D , ill test mine later on i really wonder :D , so this is measured inside the car ?

yotah1":2mgtflba said:

115dB :shock: Thats quite loud if the phone app is accurate. although you would probably test at 4500 - 5000RPM for most UK track days and a 7500RPM limit.

I wonder what mine is now as Castle Comb have a 100dB limit and FCS is there this year :?

In France they measure at mid-range, so for the RS it means around 3500rpm. It's ok for some tracks but as in France most tracks are old and very close to villages and houses, sometimes they ask as low as 84dB... So 84dB means I can do a trackday there but can't rev it above 1700rpm ahahah

Ghostz, it was measure 1m behind the car, 45° to the side, as per the rules.

singlespeed":1is4bc70 said:
yotah1":1is4bc70 said:

115dB :shock: Thats quite loud if the phone app is accurate. although you would probably test at 4500 - 5000RPM for most UK track days and a 7500RPM limit.

I wonder what mine is now as Castle Comb have a 100dB limit and FCS is there this year :?
Combe take their readings at 4k rpm I believe

At Brands Hatch they measured my dad's 911 from 1979.. the dude said, keep it in the pits at low revs because its loud as hell :cool:

No update but the beginning of a proper cleaning of the car (she deserves it!).

Engine bay, underhood, wheels off for separate cleaning, calipers, wheel arches, coilovers, windows.
That's how she looks before and after. So far, after 5 hours in the cold, I've gone to the point of using the Meguiar's Paint Cleaner. I let it rest for the night, and tomorrow I'll get on the Polish and Wax (not sure how many layers though...).