Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Ben, that's how a FWD car is supposed to behave, lively rear end to make it more oversteer than understeer, especially on the braking.

I know, it's nice when it's nice and predictable too and constant which it seems you've got it.

I didnt like that track tbh. Very technical too and lots of understeer on some corners.

Your first time there?

More ring vids needed and maybe spa

Seriously, Spa?? You know that with less than 300 hp, Spa is boring as hell? The autobahn is more challenging than Spa in a Twingo RS... I would be flatout everywhere and have time to read the newspaper in the straight lines while every GT3 and GTR overtakes me...

It was indeed my first time at Lurcy Levis, and the track is very nice, very technical, but with a lot of space around so if you make a mistake, it doesn't cost you a car. On that day however, the track was very dusty, so not much grip, mostly due to the lack of use during the winter as we were the first trackday of the year. And my front tires are slicks, which is pretty bad in term of grip. Still was very very fun, gave me the opportunity to work on my braking technique and left-foot braking. Things you can't really do at the Nurburgring :(

Spa is a very high speed track.

I was there last weekend with Araf and his VXR8.

It was actually snowing but from driving with araf you can tell this is a high speed track.

Twingo RS would run out of puf on every straight. Well maybe not Neil's RS174 but still :p

JoeRS133":8fxialom said:
I didnt like that track tbh. Very technical too
Isn't being technical half the fun :? Cadwell park should suit a Twingo, but theres not a lot of runoff if you get it wrong.

Even with my power, aerodynamics and gearing mean the 133 would probably still be slow round Spa :(

yotah1":it1h5ag5 said:
Seriously, Spa?? You know that with less than 300 hp, Spa is boring as hell? The autobahn is more challenging than Spa in a Twingo RS... I would be flatout everywhere and have time to read the newspaper in the straight lines while every GT3 and GTR overtakes me...

It was indeed my first time at Lurcy Levis, and the track is very nice, very technical, but with a lot of space around so if you make a mistake, it doesn't cost you a car. On that day however, the track was very dusty, so not much grip, mostly due to the lack of use during the winter as we were the first trackday of the year. And my front tires are slicks, which is pretty bad in term of grip. Still was very very fun, gave me the opportunity to work on my braking technique and left-foot braking. Things you can't really do at the Nurburgring :(

that true that this flat track with lot of grass around, is quite nice.
last track day I saw someone destroying is clio RS1 by doing 2 looping in the deceleration area (made of small stones). I guess in grass the car will slip more

did you plan to go other track in France?

Yotah you need to bring the beast to the UK mainly Oulton Park! (it's 10 minutes away from my house so i'd be there :D) haha

In the near future, the "beast" is doing only one other trackday in Belgium (Mettet) and then back on normal road tires for a little while. But don't worry, I've got a thing or two in my pocket that no one here is expecting :)

yotah1":2xu49wa1 said:
In the near future, the "beast" is doing only one other trackday in Belgium (Mettet) and then back on normal road tires for a little while. But don't worry, I've got a thing or two in my pocket that no one here is expecting :)

i never heard of the circuit but i googled it and it looks nice :eek: the trackday you booked is it for advanced drivers ?? cause im intrested looks like a fun track

a thing or two in the pocket 2 nitrous bottles :D ?

I haven't booked a trackday yet, they haven't released all the dates so far, and I must check with my belgian buddies first when they go so I tag along :)
It's usually Open Pitlane all day I think, with drivers ranging from beginners to advanced, but the driving conditions are really good. Only thing for me is that I have to fit the dB killer in my exhaust otherwise they'll kick me out instantly.

As you can hear at the beginning of that video, my RS is quite "noisy"... (that's me on the track, and the video is filmed from a friend's Clio RS)

[youtube]Zb7mpygH7I4[/youtube]

yotah1":1c5al1g1 said:
I haven't booked a trackday yet, they haven't released all the dates so far, and I must check with my belgian buddies first when they go so I tag along :)
It's usually Open Pitlane all day I think, with drivers ranging from beginners to advanced, but the driving conditions are really good. Only thing for me is that I have to fit the dB killer in my exhaust otherwise they'll kick me out instantly.

As you can hear at the beginning of that video, my RS is quite "noisy"... (that's me on the track, and the video is filmed from a friend's Clio RS)

[youtube]Zb7mpygH7I4[/youtube]

haha nice :p i would love to join in as it is not that far away from me :D

Wow, it's a little bit further than Charleroi. Thats not so far from me (I'm near Brussels)

Count me in too for when you're going :D

What effects do the rear camber plates have? Go they stop it twitching around as much on bumpy corners?

Well, the effect is that the rear end helps you more to bring the car into the corner, and then once you're in the corner, thanks to the camber, the car is a lot stable on its wheels, it pretty much goes where you want when you want.

On a side note, I go to the Ring Wednesday evening, to see some friends lapping, and because on Thursday the car goes to the workshop for a new front left wheel hub, mine having been damaged when i broke my wheel last year. The vibrations got worse recently, to the point where driving above 120kph makes the whole car vibrate like there's an earthquake! So it goes for a new one.
I've also ordered some graffiti spray cans in white, which dry extremely fast (MTN Hardcore 2 for those who might know them) to completely finish the interior in a nice matte white finish. I will remove all the deadening material in the car before I do that. And I also got some climbing plates that you usually screw into the rocks and then attach yourself to it. They will be fitted on the seats mounting plates to then attach the side straps of the harnesses to it. Currently my harnesses rub a bit against the seats plates, so in time that damage them. With this new mod, no more problem.

Then the last thing to do will be to put a new wiper fluid system as mine was damaged last year. And the track shouldn't see any more track for a while.

I actually almost sold it this Friday when going for a test drive of a ...... and the guy was looking for a track car to buy. he practically gave me the cash in hand to keep it!

Cheers Yotah they do feel rather unstable at speed on corners what degree are your camber plates?. I do think the cups are to hard at the rear and void do with softening a little. Epic thread keep up the good work

yotah1":3igxwzli said:
I actually almost sold it this Friday when going for a test drive of a ...... and the guy was looking for a track car to buy. he practically gave me the cash in hand to keep it!

show small piece of the test drive car :p

yotah1":2d6o5xxr said:
I've also ordered some graffiti spray cans in white, which dry extremely fast (MTN Hardcore 2 for those who might know them) to completely finish the interior in a nice matte white finish.

Was this anything to do with you Yotah? :lol:

BHPPdioCMAAkB-Q.jpg:large

P.S. This shut the Ring yesterday due to it being unsafe as the paint was still wet