Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mazmaz":16l69iap said:
Renault sell upgraded suspension

but not so easy to fit actually

I will work on soon

Mazmaz, what do you mean? How much does it cost, where can you get it? Any pictures or part codes?

Matthias":2l6ude1w said:
It's tough when it comes to coilovers for Twingo RS :(

KW don't make them no more, Bilstein never did, Nitron won't be out for at least a year and you are left with the BC coilovers which must be good, but personally I don't have the time and knowledge to set everything up, so KW's or Bilstein should do the trick, but as said before, they are unavailable.

How are the ASTs, still pissing fluid? :(
https://www.k-tecracing.com/search_results.asp

Matthias":2fl6bd0x said:
mazmaz":2fl6bd0x said:
Renault sell upgraded suspension

but not so easy to fit actually

I will work on soon

Mazmaz, what do you mean? How much does it cost, where can you get it? Any pictures or part codes?

The R1 rally car suspension is quite pricey
7711167414 Front left damper £636.94
7711167413 front right damper £636.94
7711167203 (x2) front spring £118.75 each
7711162895 (x2) Front ARB clamp £56.37 each
7711167201 (x2) Rear damper £172.47 each
7711167202 (x2) Rear spring £118.71 each

The R2 suspension is more so, unless you find some unwanted Ohlins units laying in a team workshop. Lucky lucky Maz :cool:

If you could stay on topic, that would be nice... For the R1 / R2 prices, I'm pretty sure there is already a topic somewhere...

yotah1":1n2jo0km said:
FaBiO 180":1n2jo0km said:
Hi Yotah!! i'm italian and i've read all the story of your upgrade to the front disc.... i'm interested to do this on my car.... have you got any problem when you mount clio 3 calipers and EVO disc?? do all the parts fits correctly without any modified??

and so.... if I don't want to choose AP Racing EVO disc, can I choose these ones?? https://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5022/brembod.jpg
they're 300x24 Scenic 1.9 disc.... are they thinner than the evo discs??

and for the wheels?? does standard cupr/sport wheels fit??

thanks for all ;)

Hi

The fitment of the calipers was done by my workshop, but they had to modify the adapters for the calipers as the R2 parts are actually designed to fit onto a Clio front strut assembly, not a Twingo (because apparently the R2 rally Twingos have a Clio 2 part, not the stock part). So you have to modify it (and also the screws they sell you are too long.

Honestly, unless you track your car everyday, just stick with standard calipers and good Ferodo DS2500 or Carbone Lorraine pads, that's definitely enough.
Hi Yotah!!! thanks to answer me ;)
I understand what you say, and it's more difficult than i believe..... now I'm running with Brembo MAX and EBC Green, but I think the OEM discs and pads are better, so I prefer to stay far from track with these brakes :(

An italian boy's selling Clio RS calipers for 350€ and so i have thought to upgrade my brakes..... but.... I don't think it could be so complicated....

Thanks of all Yotah :)

As I remember the kit to remove Air con was not also plug and play...

the organisation of renault sport is a bit foggy
they sell stuff no information etc ...

Because what they sell is for race cars, not street cars, and engines, frames, everything are different between our cars and the cars that the rally teams use for example. Things are a bit more Plug n Play for the Clio 3 RS for example, as Cup cars have to be closer to the original road version, so for example, the side mounts for the seats fit without modifications, the footrest is also easy to fit, etc etc.

For the aircon delete kit, you need anyway to take the engine out, otherwise it's impossible (not enough space to work with), that's why my compressor is still in.

Yeah, everything else from the aircon system is out.

The car is now properly dropped on its wheels, as I don't have semi slicks right now, i was able to lower it a bit more than usually.

64424_10200565980725565_753464596_n.jpg

I'll get some proper photos done soon, but I have a couple of things to do first.

Good to know

I wil try to remove maximum as well
it will be maybe half / Kg save ^^ (1 Year I try to not use air con (actually air con is super efficient to remove Mist during rainy day)

This drop look perfect

They are friends of mine actually (and oh that's an old video, my lines were awful!) but we had a lot of fun. Frank, who owns the Lotus, might be the only guy who can be crazier than me on the Ring ahahahah