Coilovers for a RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have the standard or aftermarket strut off the car at the min????
so as i could measure the space between the holes for the hubs?as i may b able to find some aftermarket coilies that will fit!!!!

TURBO":3qxn4ou0 said:
does anyone have the standard or aftermarket strut off the car at the min????
so as i could measure the space between the holes for the hubs?as i may b able to find some aftermarket coilies that will fit!!!!

I hope someone does as I'd love some collies (adjustable that is) that fit.

i need to find out if the RS uses the same hubs as the normal twingo's as normally RS's get beefed up but we dont see many RS's as u can imagine!

TURBO":j2mqwrqp said:
i need to find out if the RS uses the same hubs as the normal twingo's as normally RS's get beefed up but we dont see many RS's as u can imagine!

1) Convince Karl to come for a few beers - you'll pay.
2) Karl turns up
3) Frying pan over head scenario
4) Take said keys and car to workshop
5) Remove part needed for testing
6) Replace vacated part space with toilet tube and blutac so not to arouse suspicion.

Then let me know the results.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he would suss as soon as i offered to buy him a beer

Simple, replace step 1 with "wait outside his house".

Twingogeekeo":3r5snblg said:
TURBO":3r5snblg said:
(dont tell him but im there now)

:lol: :lol:

Key are on my bed if that helps :lol:

im there! ;)
seriously tho nxt time u need to take a wheel off txt me and il come measure the gap!are u working sat??

Please go and get the topmount etc measured :)

i got a set of clio coilovers that i would like to fit to my Twingo RS the only diffence ive noticed so far is that the coilover has not got the bit for the drop link to attach to so just need to make up a bracket, and does anyone know if the bolt spacing on the Twingo RS front strut is 58mm

badman171":1pil6e6r said:
i got a set of clio coilovers that i would like to fit to my Twingo RS the only diffence ive noticed so far is that the coilover has not got the bit for the drop link to attach to so just need to make up a bracket, and does anyone know if the bolt spacing on the Twingo RS front strut is 58mm

pretty sure clio ones dont fit as the bottom bolt holes are diff gap :?
think someone on here has drilled out the hub and fitted them??

^ Wasn't that on a GT, which again I think has a different bottom arm set up?

Al":19i1gcy3 said:

might have been, il try and find the thread!
i had a set of koni coils that would have fitted an rs sitting on my bench for months but iv sold them now coz karl never let me near his car :cry: :cry:

TURBO":363q97id said:
Al":363q97id said:

might have been, il try and find the thread!
i had a set of koni coils that would have fitted an rs sitting on my bench for months but iv sold them now coz karl never let me near his car :cry: :cry:

And we tried so hard to get him to relent. What with my suggestions of breaking in and key stealing. Some friend he is!