F4RT Powered Alien

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miller":1z8911zi said:
Glad you have it back nice power output. Could the problem the ecu not reading all the abs sensors?

Not 100% sure yet, plugged in into CLIP earlier and getting an error for wheel speed and ESP. No codes about sensors though. Chris made a couple of tweaks before I took the car. May have to send the ECU to him and get it flashed back to when it was working. Just waiting on his reply.

Dave_133":1bjrd9os said:
Got the car back yesterday. Was a long four hour drive! Car went really well when I got to EFI on a test run. Final figures were 252 bhp and 272 ft/lbs

However a little bit into the journey it developed an issue. First thought it was a misfire problem, but after swapping out some bits I don’t think it is anymore.

It seems like an ESP/traction issue, possibly causing it to cut the engine out and go into ‘limp mode’, so couldn’t really go above 3k revs the whole way home!

Hoping to resolve it shortly though!

That happened to my girlfriend on her car (06 Cooper S). So i know it's not a Twingo, nor is it a Megane engine, but we went through the entire thing as we were pulling the engine out of the car anyway. Codes were reading some misfire and ESP / sensor issues. It turned out to be the MAP and TMAP sensors that were going bad, giving false readings to the ECU, in turn acting up on the throttle body opening, and throwing off the entire injection system. The car was running ok, then was going into limp mode after about 1 hour of driving, and it would take a few days to be running ok again, until we drove it for another straight hour, and it would act up again.
I've seen the same scenario on a friend's 2JZ in his Lexus, same issues, same solution. So i fgured i'd share the experience as it's an easy fix / test and could solve your problem :)

yotah1":10ru5yiu said:
Dave_133":10ru5yiu said:
Got the car back yesterday. Was a long four hour drive! Car went really well when I got to EFI on a test run. Final figures were 252 bhp and 272 ft/lbs

However a little bit into the journey it developed an issue. First thought it was a misfire problem, but after swapping out some bits I don’t think it is anymore.

It seems like an ESP/traction issue, possibly causing it to cut the engine out and go into ‘limp mode’, so couldn’t really go above 3k revs the whole way home!

Hoping to resolve it shortly though!

That happened to my girlfriend on her car (06 Cooper S). So i know it's not a Twingo, nor is it a Megane engine, but we went through the entire thing as we were pulling the engine out of the car anyway. Codes were reading some misfire and ESP / sensor issues. It turned out to be the MAP and TMAP sensors that were going bad, giving false readings to the ECU, in turn acting up on the throttle body opening, and throwing off the entire injection system. The car was running ok, then was going into limp mode after about 1 hour of driving, and it would take a few days to be running ok again, until we drove it for another straight hour, and it would act up again.
I've seen the same scenario on a friend's 2JZ in his Lexus, same issues, same solution. So i fgured i'd share the experience as it's an easy fix / test and could solve your problem :)

Hmmmm thanks for that, I tested with another MAP sensor. I might get a brand new one to make sure it isn’t anything to do with that. All I’m getting is a computer error in the injection system, explained as ‘torque error’

So whether it’s something in the MAP file itself I’m not sure of, obviously I don’t have the equipment nor knowledge to check this. It’s weird because Chris said he didn’t have any issues with it.

Sort of stuck at this stage now with not many other things for me to be able to check

So I’ve tried a fair few things over the past couple days, to no resolve. I’ve ended up with a throttle fault now too. So I think the only option I’m left with is to either send the ECU back to Chris or get the whole car back up there and let him go over the software again.

This car is giving me a headache!!

But here’s a nice picture of it at least ha

802c21e5f7b1c46e3e020e46586d064a.jpg

Roadrunner1100":3m2loer6 said:
autoyasin":3m2loer6 said:
Thanks for the info. I was racing against a friend yesterday, he has a Seat cupra with 265 hp. We pull at 100 kmh, i ran away 3-4 cars till 250 kmh.

That’s crazy! Ever Tested the top speed?

I might want to put a meg3rs Engine in too so is there any more info on the build anywhere?

At 280 kmh and 7200 rpm, i let go. With other cams and 17 inch 300 kmh are possible.

autoyasin":3gq2ff5x said:
Roadrunner1100":3gq2ff5x said:
autoyasin":3gq2ff5x said:
Thanks for the info. I was racing against a friend yesterday, he has a Seat cupra with 265 hp. We pull at 100 kmh, i ran away 3-4 cars till 250 kmh.

I might want to put a meg3rs Engine in too so is there any more info on the build anywhere?

At 280 kmh and 7200 rpm, i let go. With other cams and 17 inch 300 kmh are possible.

You’ve got some big balls lol... how many HP are you running? And do you have at videos what soever?

Dave_133":1yrco2zs said:
So I’ve tried a fair few things over the past couple days, to no resolve. I’ve ended up with a throttle fault now too. So I think the only option I’m left with is to either send the ECU back to Chris or get the whole car back up there and let him go over the software again.

It looks so DAMN GOOD!!!! Did you manage to solve the issues?

Roadrunner1100":3h57s8ty said:
autoyasin":3h57s8ty said:
Roadrunner1100":3h57s8ty said:
autoyasin":3h57s8ty said:

You’ve got some big balls lol... how many HP are you running? And do you have at videos what soever?

No i must buy a go pro :( the money goes all in to the twingo. I think 280 on the gauge are eventually 260 kmh in real. I dont know about the horses, but i set my tune to 1.7 bar. In few weeks i want to built the engine with gtx28.

Roadrunner1100":2cbd6s5o said:
Dave_133":2cbd6s5o said:

Thanks ha! I’m waiting on a tool I’ve ordered, then I’ll flash the ECU with an earlier version of the map file that Chris has sent me. Hopefully that’ll sort it!

Dave_133":2nufiuiu said:
Roadrunner1100":2nufiuiu said:
Dave_133":2nufiuiu said:

Ah Yeah, it ran fine earlier right? Should sort it... then time to enjoy it!

Thanks ha! I’m waiting on a tool I’ve ordered, then I’ll flash the ECU with an earlier version of the map file that Chris has sent me. Hopefully that’ll sort it!

autoyasin":w4ysuy9m said:
Roadrunner1100":w4ysuy9m said:
Roadrunner1100":w4ysuy9m said:

No i must buy a go pro :( the money goes all in to the twingo. I think 280 on the gauge are eventually 260 kmh in real. I dont know about the horses, but i set my tune to 1.7 bar. In few weeks i want to built the engine with gtx28.

That is still insane! Would like to see videos as Im still debating what to do with mine and id love a Crazy fast sleeper ish twingo. Is there a build list or more information somewhere for your car? Found the german log but unfortunately I don’t quite understand it..

Roadrunner1100":21nahfsk said:
autoyasin":21nahfsk said:
If you want, i can make a list with pictures.

Yes please. Id love to see as much as possible!

i have make a 100-200 video. Specs 1.2 bar, 12 degrees advance, 6500 rpm limiter, 2 people and 4-5 gear. I think 13 secs.

[youtube]OOGIozbrgQ4[/youtube]

autoyasin":324yciwc said:
Roadrunner1100":324yciwc said:
autoyasin":324yciwc said:

i have make a 100-200 video. Specs 1.2 bar, 12 degrees advance, 6500 rpm limiter, 2 people and 4-5 gear. I think 13 secs.

Unfortunately can’t see the video..

Roadrunner1100":363rychb said:
autoyasin":363rychb said:
Roadrunner1100":363rychb said:
autoyasin":363rychb said:

and now?

https://youtu.be/OOGIozbrgQ4

autoyasin":2rl69ye8 said:
Roadrunner1100":2rl69ye8 said:
Roadrunner1100":2rl69ye8 said:

and now?

https://youtu.be/OOGIozbrgQ4

Holy ****** haha that is FAST! We need more lol. Do you have anything on the build itself?