F4RT Powered Alien

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave_133":3by1lk1g said:
It’ll be a big job either with the 225 or the 250 engine. If you’re doing it yourself then it’ll be a hell of a lot cheaper. If I didn’t have the knowledge I never would’ve paid someone to do it for me, so many hours gone into it.

I’ve said before that turboing the 1.6 would be cheaper and a lot easier. Seems like you can get good numbers out of it too without forging. I just wanted mine to be truly unique however haha

In a nutshell :mrgreen:

KTec sold that one few years back to a guy called Callum. It eventually died I think with a few problems

Dave_133":4jniiosc said:
It’ll be a big job either with the 225 or the 250 engine. If you’re doing it yourself then it’ll be a hell of a lot cheaper. If I didn’t have the knowledge I never would’ve paid someone to do it for me, so many hours gone into it.

I’ve said before that turboing the 1.6 would be cheaper and a lot easier. Seems like you can get good numbers out of it too without forging. I just wanted mine to be truly unique however haha

Yeah I hear you! I should be doing it with a friend (ill pay him) so that should limit labour costs. Currently in talks with the owner of the turboed gordini and making a partslist.

Stock block holds 220bhp so far on his and a change in rods/pistons should hold over 300/350bhp, which is more than enough! I will be doing it in stages as well so starting with a low boost setup.

That's amazing results from the standard block. I would be happy with the 200/220 mark. Would change the car completely and surprise more powerful stuff.

Just don’t forget if you’re going to be doing such significant power upgrades you’ll have to upgrade brakes, cooling system, fuel system etc

Dave_133":21a6fpct said:
Just don’t forget if you’re going to be doing such significant power upgrades you’ll have to upgrade brakes, cooling system, fuel system etc

Yeah the higher boost setup does require a bigger intercooler, different injectors etc but for the base low boost conversion (which is still rather rapid) it is quite basic

Miller":74oq2m71 said:
That's amazing results from the standard block. I would be happy with the 200/220 mark. Would change the car completely and surprise more powerful stuff.

That’s what Im going for first! The power to weight ratio is really nice.

I do think over say the 300bhp mark would be a little silly. Not sure just how well it’d be able to put it all down, would definitely need a diff in the box at that stage and some extra grippy tyres

Saying that the more foolish part of me is tempted to spend more money and build a new engine with hybrid turbo and go for over 400 [emoji23]

I think with coilovers and uprated brakes 220 would be nice fast but not to fast any more would need diff as much tyre as you could get away with.

Dave_133":kcxbju7c said:
I do think over say the 300bhp mark would be a little silly. Not sure just how well it’d be able to put it all down, would definitely need a diff in the box at that stage and some extra grippy tyres

Saying that the more foolish part of me is tempted to spend more money and build a new engine with hybrid turbo and go for over 400 [emoji23]

A friend of mine has a Clio 197 with over 400 bhp and that kinda puts it down... lol.

If I were to go for/over the 300 mark I would be programming boost by gear etc so it wouldn’t be too bad.

First off is the 200/220 mark though with a lot less extra problems, haha. Should be a good amount for the chassis.

Miller":21nui4t5 said:
I think with coilovers and uprated brakes 220 would be nice fast but not to fast any more would need diff as much tyre as you could get away with.

Im currently on coils with semislicks and brembo discs/ds2500 pads so those are covered for now. Gonna focus on power now