gtsteve twingo gt

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swapped that micra for th set black accord then he sold it to kieron. definitely need it lowered as oscar said what coilies and what price are they.

hoping bikes going to sell then my shopping list looks like....

porshe teledials gloss black
195 45 15
coilovers
rs spoiler
pressed plates and a bit more ....

Will 2007 twingo coilovers or lowering springs fit a 2008. may be stupid question but I can't find any coverage on it

195 50 15 toyo proxies. ORDERED :)
coilovers. ORDERED :)

went to the painter who painted my door for me and he has quoted me £120.00 for alloys, spoiler, mirror caps and fog surrounds in gloss black. he's going to get that done next Thursday as he is always chocker with work.

Hopefully the coilies and the tyres will be here by this weekend :) :)

gtsteve":3enrhnkw said:
195 50 15 toyo proxies. ORDERED :)
coilovers. ORDERED :)

went to the painter who painted my door for me and he has quoted me £120.00 for alloys, spoiler, mirror caps and fog surrounds in gloss black. he's going to get that done next Thursday as he is always chocker with work.

Hopefully the coilies and the tyres will be here by this weekend :) :)

did you go for the clio ones in the end steve? they're pretty good for cheap stance. word of warning though, country roads will never be the same again. enjoy your fuel economy going down now that you can confidently drive on the rail road tracks around corners :D best kind of warning don't you think haha. that's a fair price too for the painting. i got my bonnet, roof, front and rear registration areas painted gloss back for £300.... best add the front bar and rear bumper registration bit in gloss black to your next round of painting! :mrgreen:

aye I did cheers for al the help you gave me. Not so many country roads here anyway if I'm honest and the ones that there is are just pretend 5 min ones at the back of industrial estates haha.

yeah its a good price he's so cheap man but a good painter at the same time. jaw nearly hit the floor when he said 120 haha.

I'm not sure on the number plate recess. part of me wants him to do it but at the same time I part of me saying not to do it. time will tell

Steve's ended up with the same coilovers as I bought. They're a big improvement over the crashy springs i was running, but they are a bit bouncy! As said, I had to have a mate remove the adjuster out the coilies as they were sitting exactly the same as the springs and, compared to the front, it was a HUGE difference.

This is shaping up to be a cracking little motor, good to see another local GT for sure.

Sw4ns":2udb4hzp said:
Steve's ended up with the same coilovers as I bought. They're a big improvement over the crashy springs i was running, but they are a bit bouncy! As said, I had to have a mate remove the adjuster out the coilies as they were sitting exactly the same as the springs and, compared to the front, it was a HUGE difference.

This is shaping up to be a cracking little motor, good to see another local GT for sure.

I agree. i've got those coilovers too. pretty sturdy, don't feel dangerous and seem to be well built. i love the solid spring rate, nothing quite beats solid feeling suspension on the country roads as you feel every bit of the road underneath you.

looks like we are the GT-TECHNIX crew woohooo

hmm what we got here

COILOVERS!!!!!!

can't wait to get these on Saturday morning to officially be in the technixs crew ;). alarms getting set nice and early ready for a few hours of abusive words towards my car

my bank card hates me........
rs spoiler
25mm wheel spacers
extended wheel bolts
pressed plates

ORDERED!.

now to hide the bank card

Nice.... Bet you can't wait...The cats looking worried in case you sell it for another little item for the twingo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your right there ed can't wait. brought the tools home from work and going to crack on with it tomorrow.
and the cats safe for now. bloody expensive to feed though haha

I had a look at the idea of fitting Porsche wheels to mine purely for winding people up, finance permitting I might still do it, depends what direction I go with the car, racer or show car, that's a good list of mods planned though

oscar":525tjxkr said:
Sw4ns":525tjxkr said:

where can i buy those collies from? n how much wonga?

flowerpowerdave":1hwy2nt7 said:
oscar":1hwy2nt7 said:
Sw4ns":1hwy2nt7 said:

where can i buy those collies from? n how much wonga?
Ebays the cheapest and around £270

flowerpowerdave said:
Are theses suppoesd to be for a mk2 clio, what make are they please.[/quote
ta technix, yes for a clio mk2. 58mm bolt spacing as seen here

untitled.jpg

fitted my coilovers today. couldn't be any more disappointed with the rear. barely looks lower. swans told me not to put the rear ajuster in or it looks like a 35 mm drop so I didn't but it's barely different. front is perfect though. may raise the front a touch but I'm happy with them for now.

On the other hand least I if got them on before I go to croft tomorow on the track. coilies and proxies should make a massive difference compared to this time last week

gtsteve":9l40zmmy said:
fitted my coilovers today. couldn't be any more disappointed with the rear. barely looks lower. swans told me not to put the rear ajuster in or it looks like a 35 mm drop so I didn't but it's barely different. front is perfect though. may raise the front a touch but I'm happy with them for now.

On the other hand least I if got them on before I go to croft tomorow on the track. coilies and proxies should make a massive difference compared to this time last week

don't need the rear adjuster. they sit flush ever so slightly above the rear arches at a 70mm drop in ride height from OEM. with the shock absorbers in the rear, the springs will never fall out of place without the rear adjusters. i've been airborne a few times on the back roads of kilsyth and the spring hasn't even swivelled on it's perch nevermind popped out :D. with the adjusters in, if you actually measure thay are about an inch thick which is 25 mm