Help!: Light issue

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are on about:(:(:(:(. The front likes work fine apart from the passenger side light which does not work

Check the fuses of the main beam, headlights etc - all of them, some are on separate fuses like I suspected, ie: one fuse per side.

Sometimes when one part of the car isn't working, ie: the sidelights, it can be because another related fuse has gone. I'm not saying it is this as it varies car to car but worth checking.

Also note, the fuse arrangement and numbers are completely illogical in the Twingo - I had one go a year ago and to work out what one I needed out - number 23 or something - I had to removed 90% of the fuses to figure out where number 23 was as my fusebox is completely unnumbered. SO you may think you have checked 15 but might not have. At least it's like that in my "experiment" 133 lol

O god. Aren't they numbered?!?!?! Urgh!

Just gunna take the bloody thing to renualt

Not on mine. Do it in the light and it'll take you 10mins. Pull out, check, put back.

hi mate there are the fuses inside the car- if u have checked all of them and they are fine then under your bonnet you have a computer called the upc, there are lots of fuses in this that control all the lights.
there is a red 10amp fuse that will prob have blown causing your lights prob.

havnt been under a twingo rs for a while but from memory it will be the black box at the right hand side back of your engine bay as you look at the car ;)

thinking about it i seem to remeber that your upc(computer with fuses) is under a black cover behind the battery on the rs??
if u take the black cover off it should show u all the fuses on the inside of it.

is ur car in warranty? as on some of the models u have to take the computer out so may b best booking it in?(if it is that) ;)
where are u based mate?

Thanks for the info mate.

I'm in Bedfordshire.

I've not looked at any fuses yet. I might just book it in to Renault. It should be under warranty....as far I know

yea should b warranty!
if it is one of the fuses then they only cost pence but it can get expensive due to the labour so id book it in.

Massive thanks to turbo for all his help. Car is now sorted! It was a fuse (last one I checked!!! And al was right...there is no logical order to the fuses lol)

Thanks for all the help guys!

I never got any sort of drawing/layout of the glovebox fuses with my car :/
Damn pain, cus when my cigarette lighter stopped working I had to pull all the damn fuses out till I found which one had blown.
Cheers Renalt :) Lol.

all of the fuse boxes shold have a cover and on the back of the cover it will show u where all the fuses are!
or if not it might say in your drivers handbook

pritchp":1cgwl3eh said:
Massive thanks to turbo for all his help. Car is now sorted! It was a fuse (last one I checked!!! And al was right...there is no logical order to the fuses lol)

Thanks for all the help guys!

Glad I could be of assistance! Most useful thing I've done all weekend!

TURBO":1al10hx0 said:
all of the fuse boxes shold have a cover and on the back of the cover it will show u where all the fuses are!

On mine, nope - all I have is the list from the manual which doesn't say where in the fusebox they are at all :?

Al":2dx6ppze said:
TURBO":2dx6ppze said:

On mine, nope - all I have is the list from the manual which doesn't say where in the fusebox they are at all :?

guess u will have to book it in then :lol: :lol:

TURBO":21ae5edx said:
Al":21ae5edx said:
TURBO":21ae5edx said:

guess u will have to book it in then :lol: :lol:

Book it in for what?