How much are you paying for your RS?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holliedynamique":1opmyels said:
The RS twingo for me is £480 a year, just wish I could afford one lol

Mines cheap enough ;) thats a good price for insurance though

I know :( if I had the cash I would lol finance for me at mo untill I have paid off my twingo, yea it's good price gd thing about Cornwall haha!

stevenn133":1gjcfnot said:
waitey":1gjcfnot said:
BlackTwingo-i":1gjcfnot said:
im 18, AND on my dads insurance as a name driver, paying £1600ish.. think yourself lucky you bastards :(

:eek: ripped off im 19 and paying 1400 on my own name fully comp for the GT version!

you two are both being ripped off, I'm 19 and paying 867 a year for my RS :shock:

What insurance company are you with and do you have any years no claims?

waitey":juae5ftr said:
BlackTwingo-i":juae5ftr said:
im 18, AND on my dads insurance as a name driver, paying £1600ish.. think yourself lucky you bastards :(

:eek: ripped off im 19 and paying 1400 on my own name fully comp for the GT version!

i'm paying 1700 a year insurance. i'm 18 fully comp and with an rs.

BlackTwingo-i":3pfq6ycm said:

Hmm, if it's your car and your the main driver you should be the main driver on the policy, if you have an accident your leaving yourself open for no pay out!!

For me I'm main driver and policy holder with my parents on incase they need too use it, but even just that brings the premium down!

Yeah think it is and is it really worth the hassle, plus if you get stopped by the police they like to dig for it

Oh yes. I would imagine the car is in their name but main driver isn't? That's a dead giveaway and I've seen them pull people up on it before. A friend was given a car and he was the main driver and insured as such but the police noted it was registered to a female driven by a male and questioned it. good job he was insured correctly

I'd get that changed ASAP and start earning some ncb which you can't as a named driver (no matter what they say, they won't honour it with any other co. if you're named)

I've always had my insurance as MY policy as the MAIN driver and with parents as named drivers. It builds up your no claims bonus and still brings it down!

So let say you drive by a cop runs a check finds out its an older male insured so they stop ya, check you an find your a NAMED (occasional driver) look in the car and it's full of mcds wrappers and new age music, pretty much points towards you as main driver, so technically it could be classed as fraud in my opinion!

If you cant afford the insurance don't buy the car, simple!

I've worked up too what I wanted and benefited from it!

Bang on the money

Always done it in my name and the result is now I can afford to insure the car I want in my own name thanks to driving experience on my own policy.

im 25, pay £234 a month on HP and my insurance is £690 a year fully comp with 3 yrs no claims and a clean license.
didnt think it was bad ( i think lol) considering its the Rs133 cup spec..........

jra3d":2hq9pb0a said:
BlackTwingo-i":2hq9pb0a said:

Hmm, if it's your car and your the main driver you should be the main driver on the policy, if you have an accident your leaving yourself open for no pay out!!

For me I'm main driver and policy holder with my parents on incase they need too use it, but even just that brings the premium down!

Totally right, you might as well be driving with out insurance as if ur the main driver it's fraud (and it is called fronting)! And I wouldn't post that in forums if we're u mate as they might look at the forums especially if u have the stickers on it lol, should have kept the £1600 in ur pocket lol

Cheaper to drive without insurance! even if i do get caught!
isnt it £1000 fine? much cheaper than £1600 :(! Gotta stick to the rules though :/

To be honest, as much as 'fronting' is deemed as fraud. If your car is in your parents name and they take out the insurance with you as a named driver, there is no proof that the car is owned by that second driver as on paper it is all legitimate.

All I will say is that I am aware of 'people' having made claims on their insurance, whem insured as a named driver.

As mch as it's a bit dodgy, it's almost impossible to prove otherwise. I'd say the biggest downside is not earning your own no claims bonus.

i have a policy where i can build up no claims, but i can only use them with the same company i am with now

Yeah that's the only way.

To honest mate, insuring a car when you're 25 or so even without your own no claims isn't so bad.

BlackTwingo-i":3bsukssv said:
Cheaper to drive without insurance! even if i do get caught!
isnt it £1000 fine? much cheaper than £1600 :(! Gotta stick to the rules though :/

Not really because if you get caught you also lose your car