How much are you paying for your RS?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jra3d":1zhuo8by said:
Dazza1":1zhuo8by said:
U get done for no insurance police take your car and charge u storage fees

With pleasure :D
Got done by traffic when I was 19 got a 3 month ban **** me did they rape me when insuring my car

that magic box thing they can connect to your car to save you 20% insurance sounds quit decent.. would save me almost £350 just to drive safer/more sensible..

But **** that :p i love driving abit naughty! its so worth it.. specialy now its not rolling around like a 4x4

Kelly_GT":22xloer4 said:
Sorry to be very nosey but just wondering what everyones paying for their RS? Thinking about maybe upgrading in the next few months and just want an estimate to what amount i would maybe be paying :)

I bought a 59 platr capsi red 133 17000 miles still in warranty etc for 6500

Loans roughly 200 a month i believe.

maggi112":ek6jgf8p said:
Main driver here with parents named and it brought mine down slightly. The term for what James described is fronting is it not?

Not if it's the way a lot do it now. If the car is 'owned' by the parents and insured by them, then the son/daughter can still be the main driver on the policy, and it will be cheaper than other ways of insuring. Having the log book in the name of a parent is sufficient for an insurance company to be satisfied about ownership. ;)

Statistically, a teenager is less likely to wrap their parents car around a tree than their own car, and in theory will have the keys taken away if they are misbehaving, hence the cheaper premium.

That's not what was described though....

My question was more or less rhetorical. It is fronting what I was replying to.

As to what you described, I dunno what it's called but I know the police don't like the main driver not to be the registered keeper after being in a friends car that was pulled over and they argued it.

Araf":1tlxxkxy said:
maggi112":1tlxxkxy said:
Main driver here with parents named and it brought mine down slightly. The term for what James described is fronting is it not?

Not if it's the way a lot do it now. If the car is 'owned' by the parents and insured by them, then the son/daughter can still be the main driver on the policy, and it will be cheaper than other ways of insuring. Having the log book in the name of a parent is sufficient for an insurance company to be satisfied about ownership. ;)

Statistically, a teenager is less likely to wrap their parents car around a tree than their own car, and in theory will have the keys taken away if they are misbehaving, hence the cheaper premium.

Thats how it's done for mine. It's on my moms name, the car and insurance but the bills are for me and I'm listed as the second driver.

Once I hit 25 years old I can change the registration and car to my name and take over the same insurance as what my mom has.

£6500 for the 10 plate i-music with 8000 miles on the clock and for the first year was umm £3200... Insurance prices for me for passing my test went up by £1000 between april and september. It wasn't worth selling the car for it. My parent paid half of everything so it's not so bad

Dubz":1nkg15rb said:
£6500 for the 10 plate i-music with 8000 miles on the clock and for the first year was umm £3200... Insurance prices for me for passing my test went up by £1000 between april and september. It wasn't worth selling the car for it. My parent paid half of everything so it's not so bad
Was that an rs? If so bloody cheap!!

twing0joe":yh5q4nv9 said:
Dubz":yh5q4nv9 said:
Was that an rs? If so bloody cheap!!

He said it's an i-music.

twingo gt £5000 finance £119 a month and insurance is £1000 on my own policy im 19 1 years ncb and 3 points :( lol

£296 a month for RS Gordini (10 plate) with £750 deposit, insurance is roughly £700 for the year.