Inoxline Performance manifold & exhaust

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exhaust and manifold, which would you eb interested in?

• Stainless steel manifold with 200cell sports cat

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Stainless steel manifold without cat

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Stainless steel exhaust with silencers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Complete exhaust line (manifold plus exhaust)

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
it's the way is design

the inoxiline look more like original manifold

mazmaz":3w1erwn9 said:
it's the way is design

the inoxiline look more like original manifold
so, is that a good or bad thing?

However, can we keep this topic for the inoxline and compare the k-tec to renault manifold in the ktec manifold thread. Thanks :)

Renault : thousands of employees, including Renault Sport top engineers. Thousands of hours of work and development, CAD softwares that cost millions and decades of expertise in racing and developping engines and manifolds, among other stuff. Currently producing the best price/performance ratio cars on the market, they are a reference.

K-tec : small company with limited means, certainly talented people, but far less experience and knowledge, definitely less working time to develop the parts, etc etc.

Inoxline performance : one guy with years of experience, using the OEM manifold as reference for the shape, size, path of each tube, but simply making it out of the best stainless steel available on the market, and removing the only annoying thing on the OEM system : the cat.

So i respect K-tec and their work, but as they say : "why trying to reinvent the wheel"? The OEM manifold has a very very good design, only flaw is the material chosen to keep the production price down, and that welded cat. So why bother doing it different??

yotah1":3h1ahpx7 said:
Renault : thousands of employees, including Renault Sport top engineers. Thousands of hours of work and development, CAD softwares that cost millions and decades of expertise in racing and developping engines and manifolds, among other stuff. Currently producing the best price/performance ratio cars on the market, they are a reference.

K-tec : small company with limited means, certainly talented people, but far less experience and knowledge, definitely less working time to develop the parts, etc etc.

Inoxline performance : one guy with years of experience, using the OEM manifold as reference for the shape, size, path of each tube, but simply making it out of the best stainless steel available on the market, and removing the only annoying thing on the OEM system : the cat.

So i respect K-tec and their work, but as they say : "why trying to reinvent the wheel"? The OEM manifold has a very very good design, only flaw is the material chosen to keep the production price down, and that welded cat. So why bother doing it different??
K-tec don't actualy make their exhaust. Development and manufacture was out sourced to an exhaust maker.

Not needing to meet Euro emissions regs probably gives them some room to change things.

yotah1":25s8eql1 said:
And the R2 manifold cost 1400€ inc vat, that's a lot more, and given the fact that it goes further under the car than the standard manifold or even the one Inoxline just made, it therefore needs a specific exhaust under the car.

In other words, you can only fit it with the R2 complete exhaust system, whereas this one can be fitted with any other exhaust on the market, even the OEM.
The price I saw was 830€ odd :S from Monster Sport...:S
And really, I can't see why you'd want to run an OE exhaust but yes the idea or any aftermarket OE design exhaust fitting is good
My exhaust is already custom anyway though, so it looks quite promising to me, personally.

But again, don't mean to send this off topic. Apologies :lol:

830€ is for the manifold from the R2, then after that you need the 4-1 connection, which costs 560€, and only after that you have the rest of the exhaust system.

Don't know but as said before, let's try to keep the thread on subject... Questions regarding the product or the company here, everything else, well they either already have their own thread or you can create them.

Il lungo":1afav9sj said:
what about Orbisoud? i saw (i don't remember where) they do their skat manifold for ours RS

orbisoud is the guy that make the R2 manifold as i remember

but apperently it don't sell it appart from the complet line

Finally took delivery of the manifold tonight. I have a bit of work to do on the car but will try to fit it during the night and test the sound really quickly before I go on holidays.

The quality is just awesome, as usual with Inoxline :)

grrr - why the hell do you have to be on vacation this weekend!? I'd so love to see/hear/feel this thing in action... :(

frediiii":syy8qcsi said:
grrr - why the hell do you have to be on vacation this weekend!? I'd so love to see/hear/feel this thing in action... :(

Same here!

waitey":1tyisftl said:
I'd love to get a new mani and decat the GT but would cost a fair chunk and the main thing is I don't know a friendly lot tester lol
The GT is a whole other story.

I've asked for a costum manifold and cat at Skytune but he showed me when my car was on the car bridge, and its in a really difficult spot.

+ he says that, when he'd disconnect the cat, that your car wouldn't even start anymore due to being connected to your ECU.. so he wont touch it.

Maybe Ktec would have a solution for this but Skytune is more about creating hand made costum exhausts and not really electronics and (lambda)sensors.

too bad I thought I would hit you twice with the Twingo at the ring.

maybe because you're on this weekend?

congratulations to the porsche.

had a well-known with the same edo competition tuning.