Inoxline Performance manifold & exhaust

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exhaust and manifold, which would you eb interested in?

• Stainless steel manifold with 200cell sports cat

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Stainless steel manifold without cat

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Stainless steel exhaust with silencers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Complete exhaust line (manifold plus exhaust)

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
yotah1":sr6l5q8m said:
The ECU reads if you have a cat or not thanks to the lambda sensors. YOu have one pre-cat and one post-cat, to analyze your exhaust fumes. If both give the same results, then the ECU understands that you don't have a cat. If the first reads pollution and the second less pollution, it understands that you have a cat. If the first reads pollution and the second reads purely clean and cold air, it considers that there is a big problem and puts everything in a safety mode. Sometimes, for some cars, it means you can't start anymore. Which kind of makes sense, because that could mean that your exhaust is broken, which is a big problem.
In case of a decat, on recent cars, we usually install a mini-cat which plugs where you had the second lambda sensor, and then you plug your lambda sensor onto that mini-cat. This way, your exhaust flow in unaltered, but at the same time your lamdba sensor read cleaner air than the first sensor.

I understand that and this sounds like a solution to that problem... Extend the sensor wires and then you have more freedom with the manifold and cat positions or an I missing something..... Sports cat so the sensors still get there higher lower readings... Jobs godden or have I really lot the plot with thus!?!?

It doesn't need further development, the part is ready, the prototype is on my car and works perfectly well. All that is left to do is placing some orders guys :)

Any change of manifold is going to need a mapping if you want to get the best out of it, and same for the sensors, you'll always have to modify the lambda sensor to make the cables a bit longer. Same thing if you get a Ktec manifold for example.

Mine will get an adjustment of the map to fit the new setup, but that's because i get the update for free.

Not yet, my friend who has the dyno is not opening is shop until October so I have to wait a bit.

I have one from today, will do more tomorrow. As said by a friend who takes pictures along the track, you can hear a lot before i arrive, and sounds pretty much like an M3 CSL apparently :D

yotah1":33vjlvif said:
I have one from today, will do more tomorrow. As said by a friend who takes pictures along the track, you can hear a lot before i arrive, and sounds pretty much like an M3 CSL apparently :D

Never been so excited about a Exhaust system lol :lol:

Well the M3 CSL is a good selling point ha :D

Sound from inside the car (but actually it sound even better in real life :D )

[youtube]_3M1a3VRzJ0[/youtube]