Inoxline Performance manifold & exhaust

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exhaust and manifold, which would you eb interested in?

• Stainless steel manifold with 200cell sports cat

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Stainless steel manifold without cat

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Stainless steel exhaust with silencers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Complete exhaust line (manifold plus exhaust)

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
By the way, manifold at home :)

283619_4085782456481_564760284_n.jpg

yotah1":sl2g000w said:
Renault : thousands of employees, including Renault Sport top engineers. Thousands of hours of work and development, CAD softwares that cost millions and decades of expertise in racing and developping engines and manifolds, among other stuff. Currently producing the best price/performance ratio cars on the market, they are a reference.

K-tec : small company with limited means, certainly talented people, but far less experience and knowledge, definitely less working time to develop the parts, etc etc.

Inoxline performance : one guy with years of experience, using the OEM manifold as reference for the shape, size, path of each tube, but simply making it out of the best stainless steel available on the market, and removing the only annoying thing on the OEM system : the cat.

So i respect K-tec and their work, but as they say : "why trying to reinvent the wheel"? The OEM manifold has a very very good design, only flaw is the material chosen to keep the production price down, and that welded cat. So why bother doing it different??

Ok but almost all big manufactures use tuners for their Motorsport programs like Sodemo, Pipo, Oreca, M-Sport, Mountune, Prodrive, etc, etc. but of course they still have more to test than we could ever do... Or in Rallycross we see a lot of Trollspeed, Godfrey, Gallaghan, etc. Or you could use Olymeca Sport, the company of Olivier, responsible for his Championship winning Twingo Super 1600...

I got the manifold fitted, it still needs the mini-cat to be installed so that the second lambda sensor smeels nice catalyzed air and the ECU gets out of its degraded mode with less power.

The sound is awesome, but I´ll put the bafle on the back for road and daily driving, otherwise it´s a bit too loud. It pops and bangs very nicely though :D

Currently the second lambda sensor is plugged in without the mini-cat, so it´s breathing the same air as the first one. Therefore, the ECu understands that the car is decat, and got into a "low power" mode, so it will be resolved next week, then mapped again.

just let the second sensor breathe fresh air by tieing it up to the subframe and put a screw in the second thread. no need for mini cat

No warning light so far, but the mechanic at Renault Adenau explained me that it usually appears if you´re pushing it pretty hard, otherwise it´s just the ECU which goes into Safe mode to prevent any problem.

frediii, on the recent Renault ECUs, if you simply do what you said, it will observe it as a problem actually, because when you have a cat, the second lambda sensor still reads some pollution going through. So if it reads only super nice cool air, it then considers it as an issue, and the ECU goes to Safe Mode also...

we didn't have any problems for over 20tkm with this setup. no error codes, no limp mode... nothing. but sure, a minikat won't hurt :)

frediiii":15i2vqde said:
we didn't have any problems for over 20tkm with this setup. no error codes, no limp mode... nothing. but sure, a minikat won't hurt :)

the adventage so you can use the second hole to pute an extra lambda gauge
?

My understanding was the same as yotahs. It would also take possibly a few hundred miles for a light to appear.

I spaced the second sensor with some spark plug spacers I drilled out that I was given from a local garage on my old car. Kept the engine light off with the sensor far enough away and small enough hole that it got something but not enough to set it off. Worked quite well actually

MovingShadow":26sb3jf0 said:
waitey":26sb3jf0 said:
I'd love to get a new mani and decat the GT but would cost a fair chunk and the main thing is I don't know a friendly lot tester lol
The GT is a whole other story.

I've asked for a costum manifold and cat at Skytune but he showed me when my car was on the car bridge, and its in a really difficult spot.

+ he says that, when he'd disconnect the cat, that your car wouldn't even start anymore due to being connected to your ECU.. so he wont touch it.

Maybe Ktec would have a solution for this but Skytune is more about creating hand made costum exhausts and not really electronics and (lambda)sensors.

If you disconnect cat car won't start really... How do you ever change a cat on the car then?! Where is It connected to ecu?!? I'll see what power speed say about mine tomorrow....

The ECU reads if you have a cat or not thanks to the lambda sensors. YOu have one pre-cat and one post-cat, to analyze your exhaust fumes. If both give the same results, then the ECU understands that you don't have a cat. If the first reads pollution and the second less pollution, it understands that you have a cat. If the first reads pollution and the second reads purely clean and cold air, it considers that there is a big problem and puts everything in a safety mode. Sometimes, for some cars, it means you can't start anymore. Which kind of makes sense, because that could mean that your exhaust is broken, which is a big problem.
In case of a decat, on recent cars, we usually install a mini-cat which plugs where you had the second lambda sensor, and then you plug your lambda sensor onto that mini-cat. This way, your exhaust flow in unaltered, but at the same time your lamdba sensor read cleaner air than the first sensor.