Ktec Panel Filter Issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Guys i fought it was just me. But another one has just popped up with the same issue on RSUK. Check your ktec filters havent cut up round the edges. I removed mine ages ago as i fought it was crap and did nothering for the car and put the orginal filter back in till a better filter came out reason i know have BMC

Anyway heres the pictures of mine when mine went wrong.

01052010075.jpg

01052010076.jpg

another top quality product by k-tec :roll: :roll:
at least they are consistent :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have had a ktec panel filter in for around 4-5k now might have a check sometime this week and see if mine has the same damage, if so I will be complaining to ktec as its only about 4 months old!

Mine was in my car 3 months max !!!!!!!!!! I just didnt contact them about it as i fought i was the issue not the filter but seems it was the filter. Plus claiming stuff before ive had nothing but issues with ktec

iv seen an engine be destroyed before due to having pulled its air filter thro!!
so id go check if ur running one of these!

TURBO":zufoam70 said:
iv seen an engine be destroyed before due to having pulled its air filter thro!!
so id go check if ur running one of these!

I've never thought of that as a possibility :s

K-TEC would be in a pretty difficult situation if that happened. Would teach them not to make poor quality products.

im pretty certain k-tec would just say

"youve overtightened the bolts for the airbox so its your fault"

TURBO":2psyhmmb said:
im pretty certain k-tec would just say

"youve overtightened the bolts for the airbox so its your fault"

Reason i never rang them and just went elsewhere

I've just installed a BMC one and well I tightened the bolts as much as I could so they are rock solid, thought it was best to get 100% seal ... is this a bad idea then I don't want to ruin the filter like the one in the picture ?? When I pulled the Renault one out it had split slightly on one side ......

I'm worried now .. can anyone advise does the airbox bolts need to be really really really tight or should I just loosen slightly .. like I said I did them all the way till they would tighten up no more but I was really trying !!

The BMC has a thicker wall i tightened mine till it would tighten nomore but i didnt hang off it to tighten the bolts. Mine i know has cut up like the Ktec one and also the OEM ones i put back in didnt either.

Blimey! Im gona have to take a look at mine tomorrow. How much are the BMC filters out of interest?

Seems theres a few on here who arent happy with K-Tec...got the cat back exhaust on mine and im impressed.

CamEn1":2hifmpnv said:
Blimey! Im gona have to take a look at mine tomorrow. How much are the BMC filters out of interest?

Seems theres a few on here who arent happy with K-Tec...got the cat back exhaust on mine and im impressed.

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/re ... ement.html

I think its done to people have bad experiences with Ktec i had a Exhaust on my GT nothing but problems and when baffles went and they wasnt intrested.

Twingogeekeo":3u7ilt3c said:
CamEn1":3u7ilt3c said:

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/re ... ement.html

I think its done to people have bad experiences with Ktec i had a Exhaust on my GT nothing but problems and when baffles went and they wasnt intrested.

Cheers mate....Just had a look at my K-Tec filter and the exact same thing has happened! After less than 5-6000 miles?! That is not good...

Popped the original back in for now and will be buying the BMC filter soon.

Well I have just been out and checked my panel filter and was expecting the worst to be honest after the amount of peoples that have broken but lucky mine is still intact and in perfect condition :D

And the proof:
ca7ae9a8.jpg

Mines done about 4k so far but I think I will keep an eye on it now and check it over a couple of times a year as it only takes a few mins.

168710_486424968156_579993156_6220221_1504678_n.jpg

And here is mine!
Bought it back in June I think (Got the invoice somewhere and wrote the mileage I fitted it at on there too)
Can't have done more than 6k though.

Anyway, I've emailed K-Tec.
I happened to have the original packaging that it came in, which clearly states "Lifetime waranty" on it. ;)

I'll keep you guys updated.

Jake.

iamstuart":1ilcko5r said:
Well I have just been out and checked my panel filter and was expecting the worst to be honest after the amount of peoples that have broken but lucky mine is still intact and in perfect condition :D

And the proof:
ca7ae9a8.jpg

Mines done about 4k so far but I think I will keep an eye on it now and check it over a couple of times a year as it only takes a few mins.

What month did you get yours mate?
Perhaps K-Tec had a bad batch? Then you got a goodone maybe.
Would be interesting to see...