Ktec Panel Filter Issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Credit note for return costs - Any refund will depend on the liability of K-tec and whether this is passed back to the manufacturer. Perhaps David could let us know.

Steve-o":1wj4qevf said:
Im a commercial lawyer Matt ;)

Why don't you have a better car mate? There's not any nice way of asking that but it's really not meant nastily, I'm just intrigued.

Please keep on topic, don't feel like cleaning threads out ;) - Admin Matt.

Steve-o":iipavjfa said:
Credit note for return costs - Any refund will depend on the liability of K-tec and whether this is passed back to the manufacturer. Perhaps David could let us know.

Good customer service is about going above and beyond legal obligation, especially when a company has sold a number of faulty products. I was very impressed when I thought they were offering you a refund but, if David actually means a credit note, then that is pretty useless to most of us.

Monster Detail":2ea3qjum said:
Steve-o":2ea3qjum said:

Why don't you have a better car mate? There's not any nice way of asking that but it's really not meant nastily, I'm just intrigued.

Lol - Im saving for a house and work part time while I study, im only 22!

Steve-o":3janbde0 said:
Monster Detail":3janbde0 said:
Steve-o":3janbde0 said:

Lol - Im saving for a house and work part time while I study.

Fair enough, I have to agree that when the time comes, getting a decent house will be more important to me than having a nice car. I wouldn't own a crap car though, but neither do you, so it's all good, lol :)

I really don't understand the logic behind living in a council house and having a 60 plate Audi Q7 on your drive (that is a genuine example of a house near me). Some people need to get their priorities right.

Sorry Matt, I just couldn't not reply. I'll keep it on topic from now on ;)

Yeh, I could buy a new Megane 250 if I wanted, but have you tried getting a mortgage?! 30% deposit most want!!!

Any way back to the filter issue - David would you be willing to refund faulty/damaged filters?

Ok that seems reasonable. So to clarify, if I post my filter to you tomorrow with a cover note explaining, you will send me a refund for the product and postage.

K-Tec Racing":37crla4y said:
Sorry I should have made it a little more clear as we always tend to use the word credit as that is how a refund is posted on our computer system.

There will be 3 options available, we can issue of a full refund for the cost of the filter along with the cost to return it to us (it only needs to be send back on a standard postal service, not biked back to us on the same day), or we can issue a new replacement with a redsigned rubber edge, or you could pay the difference and we can send you a BMC filter.

I hope this makes the situation a little more clear.

David.

That is good service David. I'll go for a refund please, what is the return address?

Mine has gone as well..just checked

i am not impressed at all

filter.jpg

Thanks for the response I got, David.
Just popped my faulty filter in the post now, sent it first class as it was about 10p more than Standard Parcel.
Hopefully will be with you for Friday.
I have included my contact number in with the parcel, so once it arrives could you give me a call and we'll discuss the options.
Many thanks, Jake.

Hi David

I've now sent the faulty panel filter back to you and also sent you a confirmation email, including postage cost etc.

Thanks for your help!

Matt

Took my Filter out yesterday to replace with a BMC as i was worried about the condition of the ktec filter, and low and behold it had come apart on the lip, this is a GT one aswell not just the 133 ones. will upload a pic today.

Hi There,

new to the forum bur read about this on the Twingo OC forums so checked mine, which was installed on the 27th of December, as it was a Christmas prezzie.....split too.... :-(ktec_filter.jpg

Pipercross make the K-tec ones I think. I've emailed pipercross- trying to sort out a refund so I can get BMC

Anyone heard anything back yet, just out of interest?

David. What will the difference be that we need to pay in order to have a BMC filter sent from you?
Cheers.

Hmm Mine has gone slightly different to these, the same bit thats going on on everyones is detaching itself from the Meshing pretty much all the way round. tho mine has been on slightly longer. getting pics now

PICS:

IMG_1829-1.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1828-1.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

The chunk thats missing btw the adhesive from the mesh had melted and stuck itself to the inside of the airbox, and i couldn't get it off!! so that chunk stayed on the airbox untill i could cut melt the adhesive.