Ktec Panel Filter Issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be worth linking Ktec to this link so they can see its not just the one and there is a few at fault

Jake_133":1rtnc1ob said:
168710_486424968156_579993156_6220221_1504678_n.jpg

And here is mine!
Bought it back in June I think (Got the invoice somewhere and wrote the mileage I fitted it at on there too)
Can't have done more than 6k though.

Anyway, I've emailed K-Tec.
I happened to have the original packaging that it came in, which clearly states "Lifetime waranty" on it. ;)

I'll keep you guys updated.

Jake.

I was thinking of doing this, it's definitely worth a try. They might be good about it and just give you a new one, or refund you.

Then again, they will probably realise that doing that would set a precedent for all of the other faulty ones and just say it's down to wear and tear and, therefore, not covered under warranty.

I guess it comes down to how much they value their brand name.

Twingogeekeo":qt0bexwh said:
Might be worth linking Ktec to this link so they can see its not just the one and there is a few at fault

For the record, I'd written my above post before reading this, lol.

Just so you guys know i have emailed the owner of Ktec David Kirk. Ill keep you all informed on his reply.

I did mention that a 'handfull' of people on a 'newly established Twingo forum' had the issue. Lol.
I didn't however mention the lifetime waranty being on the packet though. Was gunna wait for their reply before I dropped that.

If only say one or two of the filters had done this (throughout the UK) I would probably say this was done to 'clumsy installation' but since there is 3 or 4 of us on a relatively small forum, it HAS to be the filter.

Personally, I think the standard filter seems a bit more durable and stronger round the edges than the K-Tec one.

What sort of price are the standard ones from you Karl, just out of interest?

Oh, I also offered to return my filter to them so they could personally inspect it if they required.

I now have a BMC filter as im sure you all know now :lol: cost more then a Ktec one but better quality and seems better on the performance side of things

Jake_133":2hewwfb4 said:
What month did you get yours mate?
Perhaps K-Tec had a bad batch? Then you got a goodone maybe.
Would be interesting to see...

I got mine around the end of july last year, which makes mine around 5 months old.

My panel filter fell to pieces in less than 4 months! Ill put pictures up if you want. Bought a BMC know, far superior product.

Yep - got a couple of monosyllabic responses so lost interest and couldn't be bothered for the sake of £30. I appreciate that you don't manufacture the products but perhaps a bit more testing is in order, or perhaps I got a bad copy or part of a bad batch.

K-Tec Racing":ct0afvfg said:
Hello guys,

I have been pointed towards this thread and am a little surprised by its content. To date we have only had this problem on a handful of filters out of the hundreds we have sold so we need to look into this in detail.

I have pictures from one of the guys on here which I will be forwardig to the manufacturer as there seems to be some misconception that we sit here making all the parts we sell. This is clearly not the case but we do expect the parts we do get made to be of a high quality and not to fail after a few months.

Could I please ask that those with a split in the side of the filter email me at [email protected] and we will get these sorted out for you.

David.

Credit to you for coming on here and trying to sort the issue out, David. I'll try and get a picture of mine sent to you later on today.

Thanks, Matt

Not to hand no. I will post some pictures up tomorrow night when ive retrieved it from the garage at my parents house. Im happy to send the filter back to you [at your cost] if you want to inspect it.

May I add to this that the Sales of Goods Act states that you do not have to accept a credit note for faulty goods. A refund or replacement can legally be requested.

K-Tec Racing":1pzmqi89 said:
Steve-o":1pzmqi89 said:
Not to hand no. I will post some pictures up tomorrow night when ive retrieved it from the garage at my parents house. Im happy to send the filter back to you [at your cost] if you want to inspect it.

If you can send the filter back to us in the post I will credit you for it and refund you the cost of the postage.

David.

By credit, do you mean refund? If so, can I please do the same once I've sent you a picture?

Thanks, Matt