mikehealy5's GT progress thread (plenty pics)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive just taken my catch tank out for now, leaving only the breather filter!

Since fitting it, it has collected a grand total of nothing in over 6k miles. A few spots of oil on the inside, not even amounting to one single drip.

I wonder if mine will be any different with it having the turbo?

I have had to clean my dv several times as its had oil around the escape ports. and even the underside of my bonnet has been dirty in the past with what looks like splatter marks as if the dv has sprayed what I believe to be oil. its not massive amounts but enough for me to notice it.

Well its been a good few months since I last updated my progress thread and to be honest not a great deal has happend in regards to mods as iv been to busy enjoying the good weather!

However there has been a couple of changes.......

Front tyres have been replaced with new toyo proxys (due to MOT requirements)

182 Injectors have been bought and are ready to be cleaned up

And iv played about with the intake side by swapping the crap flexi hose I had previously used for new shiny stainless steel.

But it wouldn't be right unless I used yellow silicone of course, so what todo next, probably disc and pads as they where given an advisory. So shot tyres and shot brakes - think I should stop using country lanes as its becoming expensive :lol:

iv had a set of toyo proxes on the front of my gt for 10k miles still plenty of meat left on them best tyres for the price :)

sam666":1pjg1u4e said:
iv had a set of toyo proxes on the front of my gt for 10k miles still plenty of meat left on them best tyres for the price :)

Yeah they seem to be ok and feel quite grippy in corners.

Go for a set of Williams brembo Max discs and EBC Pads should be a cheap performance upgrade

Wow its been over 6 months since my last post! Just letting you guys know im still alive and still the owner of this GT lol

Couple of updates to follow in the next week or too so keep your eyes peeled! :D

Boost gauage was from ebay, you need to tap into the 4mm pipe that comes out the top of the dump valve and I ran my air line through a gromet on the passenger side, behind the radio and pulled it up through the dash trim (there are pics on my thread somewhere) for power I tapped into the cigarette lighter as its ignition live.