mikehealy5's GT progress thread (plenty pics)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dnt know iv not realy looked at the idea yet. I did a brief search on the net and iv seen some set ups where you can have a split joint, like Y shaped so one will have the filter attached and the other the turbo side. I dnt know if it can be donw to a twingo but il have a look when I get time.

the cup spoiler is now ready and as promised its a little different.

heres the break down from how me and Blacktwingo-i got the spoiler to its nearly finnished state..........

this is how it was in its orignal state

next we had to clean, sand, prime and sand again in order to remove any imperfections........

for the next part we had to come up with some sort of stand to rest the spoiler on to ensure we had an even coverage and 360 degree access to all sides of the spoiler.
after a brew and a brief look around the garage we came to a conclusion that we had **** all!
then the light bulb pinged! liturally!! :lol: Blacktwingo-i suggested we could hang it from the ceiling. so thats what we did.
so we suspended it from the track of my automatic garage door and used some 20lb fishing line that i had.
and on went the 1st coat of gloss black......

as you can see it was expensive fishing line, hense the levitation illusion! lol
iv got to say i take no credit what so ever for painting it was all down to Blacktwingo-i he is a wizzard with a rattle can!

last coat of gloss black

then here comes the twist i wanted

hmm what colour should it be??????

YELLOW OF COURSE!! :D

just the laquer to go on tonight to finnish it.

hope you guys like, im more than happy with it. Blacktwingo-i did a fantasic job i would highly recommend anyone that wants anything painting like fog surrounds mirror caps etc. at a cheaper cost than spray shop to drop him a pm. il get some more pics up when its laquered and on the car tomorrow!

a little late but as promised heres a few pics of the spoiler on the car

20131005_143836_zps3048b8de.jpg

20131003_215139_zps616bc763.jpg

20131005_143920_zps604377e7.jpg

im so so pleased with it. had lots of positive comments from last nights meet in blackpool which is a bonus as im not used to them haha

ok so i got round to fitting my new oil catch can tonight.
im a bit at a noob with catch cans as iv never done or seen anyone fit one before.
i refered to the GT workshop manual for help and narrowed it down to a few hoses in the bay. oscar then helped clear up my incertainty to which pipes i needed to tap into.

heres a Little "how to" for those that want to know how its done after all i couldnt find much help on google etc...

1st things 1st, find a place to mount and secure. i used the bottom mount from the brake fulid resivor. secured it with the bracket that came with my catch can

now the can is in its place the next step is to remove the breather pipes, 3 push on nozzels in total and once unclipped they will come of in one piece as so....

as you can see i have cut the end of that connects to the air intake. i atttached my sillicone hoses (yellow ones of course) to these newly cut ends.....

then its just a case of reattaching everything back together and tighten up with hose clamps

jobs a gooden! :D

looking very tidy man, glad you soldiered on with it! makes your oil dip stick look maad custom :D ahha

cheers ms.

il give it a week or two then il be taking it off to check its working properly. I cant see I reason why it wouldn't but its for peace of mind really. the last thing I want is pressure building in the crank case as that will only end in one way lol